PDA

View Full Version : speaker sizes

dustinhurley
12-21-2002, 01:27 AM
I'm confused about putting aftermarket speakers in the EP. What size front/rear/tweeters fit? And, does the door have to be modified? I'm thinking about picking up a set of Focal Polykevlars.

labelhunter
12-21-2002, 05:12 AM
Just take two mins to search this please.

Jdmk20
12-23-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
I'm confused about putting aftermarket speakers in the EP. What size front/rear/tweeters fit? And, does the door have to be modified? I'm thinking about picking up a set of Focal Polykevlars.

you can put 6.5 in the door and you will have to modify the tweeter pod to fit the tweeter. you do have to modify the door also. you have to cut some tin and make custom trim panels in order for the mid to fit.

dustinhurley
12-24-2002, 12:34 AM
Why is this car so difficult?

Jdmk20
12-24-2002, 09:12 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
Why is this car so difficult?

it is not as difficult as it sounds.

most_hatedSi02
01-06-2003, 07:47 PM
Ok, at the risk of sounding clueless (which I am) if I want to add aftermarket speakers I have to have my door cut up.
I just bought a Sony MEX-5DI and it's freakin sweet. I am going to have it installed b/c I don't know what I'm doing, anyway I have some really nice Pioneer 6x9 and 6 1/2's in my accord so I'm going to want to do the same for the SI but i don't want my freakin door gettin cut up..my only fear is that when I get the Amp hooked up, that I'll blow the speakers! Can you elaborate for me please.
Thanks