PDA

View Full Version : hard to shift !

akqowns
02-24-2011, 01:41 PM
english is not my priority language so , this could be hard to understand...

this problem has been like 4 months now,

i 've changed my clutch about a year ago ( exedy 1 and also fly wheel )

at that time, shift was just fine

but since weather got cold it doesn't even go in through 1st or anywhere else

when my car got warm up enough , it goes in . but not smoothly i've to force it to put the gear in

i was thought it's clutch issue but new clutch has been only a year ,

it's not about the weather either, master cylinder is a little bit leaking but it doesn cause that problem

should I change my clutch again??

does anyone else had same problem as mine please help me out :(

RHCP0801
02-24-2011, 01:42 PM
is there enough brake fluid in the clutch master reservoir?

when is the last time the trans fluid was changed and is it at the proper level?

smykhaisouk
02-24-2011, 02:18 PM
a leaking master cylinder will give you problem with shifting. i just fixed this a couple months ago because it wasnt holding pressure in the internal hydraulics. i had the same symtpoms of hard shifting or no shifting at times. occasionally i had to pump the clutch to get enough pressure to shift.

yyi
02-24-2011, 02:57 PM
Boiler up

akqowns
02-24-2011, 10:43 PM
last time i changed trans fluid less than 2 months and yes it should be proper level i did this at honda i'm not 100% sure but it might not be fluid problem..

akqowns
02-24-2011, 10:56 PM
a leaking master cylinder will give you problem with shifting. i just fixed this a couple months ago because it wasnt holding pressure in the internal hydraulics. i had the same symtpoms of hard shifting or no shifting at times. occasionally i had to pump the clutch to get enough pressure to shift.

the honda service guy checked it and he said master cylinder is leaking but it won't be that problem .. he said it's more clutch

i'm doing exactly same thing that pumping the clutch to get enough pressure, and sometimes when i put 1st gear when my car complete stopped i can feel some vibration from clutch( it feels like same as put half of clutch ) not all the time ,

did you have this issue(the vibration..)? i hope you had this issue so i can consider to change master cylinder...........................

replace a clutch would be more than 1K replace master cylinder at honda $360 .
master cylinder is a lot cheaper but if it won't solve the problem.. then............well..

btw did you change your cylinder by yourself? if yes is it hard to do it alone? :(