PDA

View Full Version : tein, eibach, skunk h&r?

carrito
02-24-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm looking for lowering springs for my car but i dont know wich its better?
I like tein, but idk, all lowering springs average its the same price, what do you guys recommed??

RedSiBaron
02-24-2011, 08:02 PM
Please use the search, this has been covered so many times its not even funny...not all lowering springs are the same, we need to know drop and what you are going to use them for...personally I've found a lot of the springs have lower spring rates than stock which is because I believe is because the company made them work for the em2 coupe and 4dr and since they fit the ep just sold them for it as well...

Imo the absolute best lowering springs for the street money can buy for the ep are progress...its a 1.8" drop in front and 1.5" in the rear...its a little more drop than the type r ride height and a little stiffer spring rate than the type r springs...and they only cost $150 shipped from the vendors here...they aren't so low you scrape on stuff and aren't so stiff they make you hurt...I have mine paired with koni yellows and its a perfect street setup with better performance than most coilovers for less...

carrito
02-24-2011, 08:42 PM
oooppps! sorry i'm new in the forum....thanx anyway

gtimportfanatic
02-24-2011, 09:08 PM
on a side note.. nice ep91 in the avatar!

carrito
02-24-2011, 09:49 PM
on a side note.. nice ep91 in the avatar!

tnx is an ep82 that was my ex car!

blue2turbo
02-25-2011, 01:18 PM
What kind of drop are you looking for? I just installed prokits on mine and I love it. It's my DD so I don't want it slammed, I don't plan on changing wheels either, keeping the OEM with stock tire sizes so to me the drop is good for a DD and they are very comfortable. I just installed with low mileage OEM Struts too.

carrito
02-25-2011, 01:21 PM
What kind of drop are you looking for? I just installed prokits on mine and I love it. It's my DD so I don't want it slammed, I don't plan on changing wheels either, keeping the OEM with stock tire sizes so to me the drop is good for a DD and they are very comfortable. I just installed with low mileage OEM Struts too.

lower about 2 inches i have 215-45/17

blue2turbo
02-25-2011, 01:24 PM
You def. don't want prokits then. There are some pictures flying around of Sportlines with 17" wheels on the same tire size and I thought it looked great, but I heard sportlines are also a little bouncy.

Progress may be your best bet, or Tein.

If you want H&R I thought there was a user in CT selling a set of H&R on Very low mileage front struts and low mileage koni yellow rear struts for a very good price. you could look into that as well.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum//showthread.php?60413-NY-NJ-CT-LOCAL-H-amp-R-Koni-Yellow-CTR-Rep-lip&highlight=

carrito
02-25-2011, 01:42 PM
You def. don't want prokits then. There are some pictures flying around of Sportlines with 17" wheels on the same tire size and I thought it looked great, but I heard sportlines are also a little bouncy.

Progress may be your best bet, or Tein.

If you want H&R I thought there was a user in CT selling a set of H&R on Very low mileage front struts and low mileage koni yellow rear struts for a very good price. you could look into that as well.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum//showthread.php?60413-NY-NJ-CT-LOCAL-H-amp-R-Koni-Yellow-CTR-Rep-lip&highlight=

ha! thax for the info....