PDA

View Full Version : wastegate?

civicsiep3
02-25-2011, 09:38 PM
ok so im in the process of pieceing together my turbo build!:D so far i got intercooler+piping turboxs type h/rfl bov gt3076r turbo fast turbo oil line kit and turbo manifold so finally need a wastegate. this will be goin on a k24a1 but im kinda confused wit the wastegate how do i choose the right one? theyre all different sizes first of all and all different psi ratings. any help here would be appreciated. idk what the different psi of springs means like does a 7psi wastegate spring open at 7psi nd prevent letting boost nemore? if so should i just buy a 20psi spring?! and how do i pick the right size?? any help is very much appreciated!

AUTiger
02-25-2011, 09:56 PM
what manifold did you buy? That will determine what size wastegate you will need to run. Then the spring is the max boost it should in theory run on the wastegate,( ie. a 7psi spring would run 7psi max, unless you have boost creep). To run more than say the 7psi you would need a boost controller, either manuel or electronic. Hope you have k-pro too.

civicsiep3
02-25-2011, 10:08 PM
ok awesome thank you i bought a doc race manifold used off a local guy i met at the last honda day in nj for 500 (looks brand new) and i realized it is a 44mm wastegate now guess ill get a 15 or so psi wastegate spring

AUTiger
02-26-2011, 09:32 AM
a what manifold? Never heard of it. You sure you didn't get a b-series manifold and get duped. Post a picture of it

okay, I just googled them. but have not seen any results with it. I suggest getting a smaller wastegate spring like 7psi and using a mac/hondata boost solenoid. That way you can used boost by gear.

civicsiep3
02-26-2011, 11:21 AM
hey idk how to post pics on here yet lol kinda new to this forum but here is a link to my turbo manifold mine i havent had it in my ep yet so im cant say for sure how the fitment will be but once i get my next paycheck imma be ready to start installing everything onto my k24!!! just need to get a wastegate but heres a link to my turbo manifold http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/K-series-K20-K24-Acura-RSX-Sidewinder-Turbo-Manifold-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem35ae99bb53QQitemZ23056 2577235QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries
lemme know what you think and nxt week i will post up pics of my setup in my car so u can see how it looks!!! thanks again for the advice!