PDA

View Full Version : Hood Pop/Cable

BigBurch422
02-26-2011, 08:17 AM
Has anyone here ever had to replace the hood pop mechanism on their ep3? Mid last year I went to pop my hood, but the handle just broke off in my hand. Fortunately for me that handle is connected to the entire hood pop cable assembly...so I have to re-run everything :mrolleyes: I got the part in already, just wondering what I have to look forward to as far as possible fender removal or where it even runs.

talonXracer
02-26-2011, 05:48 PM
I had the same exact thing happen to me about 4 years ago, I have yet to fix it! LOL

I just use one of those aluminum bottle openers and grab the stub and pull,,,,I consider it a anti-tampering option, LOL

It should not be all that bad of a job, I will check the Helms manual a little later and see whats involved.

civictype_r04
02-26-2011, 05:50 PM
I had the same exact thing happen to me about 4 years ago, I have yet to fix it! LOL

I just use one of those aluminum bottle openers and grab the stub and pull,,,,I consider it a anti-tampering option, LOL

It should not be all that bad of a job, I will check the Helms manual a little later and see whats involved.

Lol

Tnhatch03
02-26-2011, 05:51 PM
you may have to remove the front bumper to get to a few bolts on the fender. i do not recall if this is correct or not. however, once you start taking things off and seeing how it is ran, you should be able to replace the cable without any big snags.

lbk02si
02-26-2011, 06:14 PM

haha, thats a great idea! im gonna have to get a bottle opener now!

civictype_r04
02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
haha, thats a great idea! im gonna have to get a bottle opener now!

Haha