PDA

View Full Version : DC Sports header gasket question

hondafrk
02-26-2011, 04:43 PM
Hey guys, I just picked up an EP3, has a few bolt ons, Intake, DC Header, Cat Back exhaust and such.

I have an exhaust leak on the header though. Its the DC sports shorty header. Its leaking where the header connects to the downpipe to the cat. I've not been able to find out any info on what type of gasket it is. Its a pretty good leak and I'd like to fix it.
I went to the local parts store and they searched for the part and came up with a steel o-ring looking thing. I'm pretty sure it uses one of those Donut type seals. The Helms manual shows a donut gasket on the stock manifold, not sure though since the parts store came up with that o-ring thingy.

Its winter here and there is snow on the ground so I haven't taken anything apart on it yet to verify what type of gasket it is.

Is the part a DC specific part or will a stock manifold seal work? If anyone has any info on this, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Tnhatch03
02-26-2011, 04:55 PM
sounds like a donut gasket...

do you have one?

hondafrk
02-26-2011, 05:26 PM
I don't have a gasket for it yet, thats why I'm trying to find out what type of gasket it is.

I just don't know if its a donut gasket or what. If it is a donut gasket, will the stock one work? Or is it a DC part that only works with their header?

Tnhatch03
02-26-2011, 05:34 PM
you could use the stock one that was already there, unless it is recommended to use a specific one. but i have the stock one still and i am running the Greddy Kit/test pipe/exhaust.

i am not certain if it actually is a donut gasket, which is why i asked if you had one, which would cause the problem, if you did not.

*you may want to call and verfiy this is the correct part number, i just did a quick search*: donut gasket from Honda. Civic SI part. Part number 18229-S01-X11

Part Number: 18229-S6M-A51 - Another part number for donut gasket i found.

hondafrk
02-26-2011, 06:07 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I haven't taken it apart yet to see what kind of gasket was there. I'll look into the honda part no.s that you gave me and see what I come up with. I hope that a stock honda gasket will work, I just don't know if its a stock honda part or something that comes with the DC header.

Tnhatch03
02-26-2011, 06:12 PM
Cool, thanks for the info. I haven't taken it apart yet to see what kind of gasket was there. I'll look into the honda part no.s that you gave me and see what I come up with. I hope that a stock honda gasket will work, I just don't know if its a stock honda part or something that comes with the DC header.

no problem at all. it could be the donut gasket, but the only way you will know, if you don't, is to get under there and unbolt those PITAs spring bolts and see if that gasket is there. i am sure an OEM one would work. hopefully someone with that manifold can chime in and let you know for sure!

SamuraiSi
03-04-2011, 01:56 PM
i'd like to know too, i got the same problem, but with a Megan Racing header

Dreadknotz1025
11-06-2014, 08:32 AM
Was a solution ever found to this problem, Am having the same issue. My motor mounts were ripped up badly. I think this caused the connection between shorty and megan pipe to have a terrible leak.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.