mcf10030741
02-27-2011, 05:11 PM
Hey guys

Just put in some raceland coilovers in my ep3 a few days ago

And they wont go low enough at the front

any ideas to get them any lower? without buying new coilovers :mcry:

MBaG
02-27-2011, 05:12 PM
Take off the springs, or better yet, take off your wheels and you'll be sitting on the ground! (literally)

27rocks
02-27-2011, 05:29 PM
Do you own a CTR?

abstract
02-27-2011, 05:31 PM
your probably not adjusting correctly youtubeinstructions, its a lil different then a sleave type coilover...

mcf10030741
02-27-2011, 05:35 PM
what you mean buddy?

I installed them, and screwed the coilover correctly downwards, it is screwed the lowest now, and I want it lower.

mcf10030741
02-27-2011, 05:36 PM
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189215_201788599847337_100000485967316_751432_5701 121_s.jpg

heres a pic of the car, screwed down full at the front

mcf10030741
02-27-2011, 05:41 PM
better images:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x376/mcf10030741/IMG_0043.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x376/mcf10030741/IMG_0044.jpg

udontknowjack
02-27-2011, 05:57 PM
better images?

not really

MBaG
02-27-2011, 06:40 PM
What size are your wheels? They look big..

civictype_r04
02-27-2011, 08:02 PM
better images:

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x376/mcf10030741/IMG_0043.jpg

http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x376/mcf10030741/IMG_0044.jpg

Looks good man!!!

abstract
02-27-2011, 08:34 PM
wtf is wrong it looks fine, any lower and u will have shit handling.

off topic hows the build quality of the coilovers? any issues??

AKEP
02-27-2011, 08:56 PM
extended ball joints?

27rocks
02-27-2011, 09:16 PM
Never mind... by looking at the pic i can tell it's not a CTR from your grill.

1fasthb
02-27-2011, 09:52 PM
take out the adjustable sleeve in the fronts

gamma6
02-28-2011, 12:01 AM
wow idk what ur doing but when i was slammed i had an inch or two of threads left and my frame was wayy too close to the ground.... i thought that if i went on and lowered the extra inch or two the car would be sitting on the ground... this happened to my car after running something over on the freeway...http://i918.photobucket.com/albums/ad21/orange_ben/Photo0281.jpg

mcf10030741
02-28-2011, 02:19 AM
sorry the car isnt actually a ctr, its a rep, just needs the grill to finish it off.

Im realy confused on why these things arent going low enough.

The wheels are 17"

The build quality- 1 day into using them, the passenger side is already clunking, cant realy be bothered taking the unit out and tightening it, but I will do within a few days, over all they are quite good, and the ride is kinda smooth.

The car isnt stanced the way I want it, so id need the extra lowness at the front to pull it off!

Thanks for the help guys :msmile:

SIisaLowRydaEP3
02-28-2011, 09:42 AM
some daylight pics would be nice :mwink:

USAF EP3
02-28-2011, 09:54 AM
Friend of mine had a blowout last night, reason was because he had RACELANDS and was TOO LOW and the whole half of the tire inside the wheel well rubbed down to the metal meshing.

Any lower pal and you're going to be eating tires every week.

Have fun with that.

ep3jd
02-28-2011, 10:03 AM
RACELANDS have nothing to do with your moron friends set up allegedly causing a blow out. Any coilover maxed out will result in a low car.

Why didn't he roll the fenders? How is it he didn't notice abnormal tire wear? I'm going to guess he didn't even align it after install.

There's several factors to consider side from the fact that they're RACELANDS and he's LOW.

The photos barely show his drop, and don't even come close to showing any potential clearance issues. So unless you have some useful input I suggest you get the fuck out of this thread.

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

RHCP0801
02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
Any lower pal and you're going to be eating tires every week.

LOL what, ever hear of getting an alignment? you fail

SIisaLowRydaEP3
02-28-2011, 10:05 AM
was that what happened to jeans tire? hey kevin man cool meeting you yesterday did you see the pics yet

abstract
02-28-2011, 01:41 PM
its clunking because u have it slammed... the ep3/rsx are the worst cars to daily slam

boricua4life
02-28-2011, 03:51 PM
i had racelands... their cheap but to me their garbage. just dnt rely on them to last you a long time; But man your already sitting low and it looks good bro just dont forget to get an alignment and a camber kit n your golden!

USAF EP3
02-28-2011, 04:17 PM
Gotta love the haters.

I put racelands in caps to show that he had the same coillover setup as the OP.

An alignment isn't going to fix your tire situation if you're way too fucking low. If you're dragging your balls like how the OP wants his car to be you will have to camber the hell out of the wheels to the point that you'll be riding on the sidewalls.

No need to be dicks here. Keep it clean, I was trying to help the guy out with some advice that there's good low and TOO low...he's at good low right now he doesn't need more than that.

I do know how an alignment works I get it done every month for my autocross events. So careful who you talk shit to.

mcf10030741
02-28-2011, 04:59 PM
hey guys

CHILL :mcool:

The car is not daily driven, we have different ways in Ireland, to the ways in USA

I asked for some advice, maybe a few tips, on how to slam the car on these cheap ass coilovers, which I may add, are grabage, every time I get in the car, the clunking is worse :tehehyper:

Anyways, The car is alligned, with some sick camber on the back, and Im in the process of getting the wheels spaced out to the max

And I need a nice grill :mfrown::mfrown:

ep3jd
02-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Gotta love the haters.

I put racelands in caps to show that he had the same coillover setup as the OP.

An alignment isn't going to fix your tire situation if you're way too fucking low. If you're dragging your balls like how the OP wants his car to be you will have to camber the hell out of the wheels to the point that you'll be riding on the sidewalls.

No need to be dicks here. Keep it clean, I was trying to help the guy out with some advice that there's good low and TOO low...he's at good low right now he doesn't need more than that.

I do know how an alignment works I get it done every month for my autocross events. So careful who you talk shit to.

You are an idiot. You don't need negative camber to be low.
You gave no advice. All you did was compare someones b20vtec.com backyard suspension set up to this guys. Do you know the OP's alignment settings? No, shut up.
Again, being low does not need to destroy your tires. You followed up that quality fucking bit of info by being a pretentious fuck and saying "have fun with that". Explain to me where you gave advice in all of that? Did you mean to give a warning to the OP to assure that there are no clearance issues? To maybe roll the fenders just to be safe? To make sure the car is aligned and toe is on point? Because let me tell you buddy, all you achieved was coming off like a douche and looking like a moron.

Have fun with THAT.

AKEP
02-28-2011, 05:57 PM
damn fucking e-peens on rage mode up in here over some damn cheap-ass quasi coilovers. i haven't seen rage like this since /b/
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v519/residentlune/PLFrontier-1.png

op, see if you can find anything snagged up on the suspension? what size tires are you running?

ep3jd
02-28-2011, 06:02 PM
I have racelands. I enjoy the drop they offer for 200 bucks. I don't enjoy morons throwing their two cents in here when it doesn't help literally anything.

USAF EP3
02-28-2011, 11:16 PM
I have racelands. I enjoy the drop they offer for 200 bucks. I don't enjoy morons throwing their two cents in here when it doesn't help literally anything.

I'm amazed how on EPHatch we are trying to keep it clean and non-violent, and yet here you are resorting down to name calling and excessive cursing.

PRO TIP:
Maybe if you weren't as stand-offish and tried to actually understand people by asking questions and not jumping straight down their throats, you MIGHT just get nicer/better responses. Obviously you haven't grown up yet since you just blow up the second you feel something was said or taken the wrong way.

Anyways, that put aside, this'll be my last post here.

OP, I wish you the best of luck finding your "optimal setup" for the ride height you want to achieve. Cheers.

j0000stin
03-01-2011, 12:26 AM
it seems as if ephatch is slowly turning into a hater forum. not good at all.

advice: if you want to lower the car a little more take off one of the perches. its not safe but if you wanna go lower your gunna have to do it. i've done it but decided it wasnt safe to rely on for a daily. since yours isnt a daily i say just do it and see if you like it or not

ep3jd
03-01-2011, 05:53 AM
Classic "I'm grown up so I'm ending the convo" response. Take your own advice on your first post then. Again, you didn't bring anything useful to the thread until now, you asked no questions, and gave a condescending response in your first post. I'm sick of people preaching. Give advice on the set up, don't tell him the negatives which were completely situational.

I'm not a hater, and I'm "grown up" lol, I just don't take shit from e-tough guys, and I hate posts like the one I went off on. Bottom line. You push buttons, you get a reaction. If you don't like it you should stray away from pushing that shiny red metaphorical button. :mwink:
Hahaha. I'm sorry but this is honestly hilarious.

j0000stin
03-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Classic "I'm grown up so I'm ending the convo" response. Take your own advice on your first post then. Again, you didn't bring anything useful to the thread until now, you asked no questions, and gave a condescending response in your first post. I'm sick of people preaching. Give advice on the set up, don't tell him the negatives which were completely situational.

I'm not a hater, and I'm "grown up" lol, I just don't take shit from E-THUGS, and I hate posts like the one I went off on. Bottom line. You push buttons, you get a reaction. If you don't like it you should stray away from pushing that shiny red metaphorical button. :mwink:
Hahaha. I'm sorry but this is honestly hilarious.

edited!

abstract
03-06-2011, 10:54 AM
it seems as if ephatch is slowly turning into a hater forum. not good at all.

advice: if you want to lower the car a little more take off one of the perches. its not safe but if you wanna go lower your gunna have to do it. i've done it but decided it wasnt safe to rely on for a daily. since yours isnt a daily i say just do it and see if you like it or not

its because the ep3's value is getting lower and all the ghetto broke immature idiots are starting to upgrade from there dc's n eg's. Think about it, want to see ghetto go to b20vtev with there old rust buckets... Thats why i want a fd, more mature people/community

E thugs lolol

i think both of u need to grow up, this thread should be closed.