PDA

View Full Version : Ep3 needs help bad.. Wont rev past 4k

JP.Ep3
02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Hey guys my EP3 just recently starting having trouble revving past 4k.. no CEL but i ran a scan anyways and found 3 codes 1166 1259 and 1298 all say air/fuel metering please help me out cuz i have no idea where to start.

ep3jd
02-28-2011, 10:38 AM
Change your oil. Problem solved.

Sent from my Galaxy S using Tapatalk

SkareKrow
02-28-2011, 11:00 AM

lol what a way to help him so quick haha. Klassik!

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

ep3jd
02-28-2011, 11:02 AM
All thanks to tapatalk! Hahaha

SkareKrow
02-28-2011, 11:17 AM

Lmao!

talonXracer
02-28-2011, 12:02 PM

lol what a way to help him so quick haha. Klassik!

well your fast response using tapwapa whata was incorrect, it is better to be correct than fast......

First off check your oil level, no need to change the oil. If it is good then clean the spool valve filter. That should fix 1259

1166 and 1298 are related to the heater section of the A/F sensor(also called front o2 sensor) and the ELD, check fuses, check A/F sensor connector, replace A/F sensor, the ELD may also be damaged and could need to be replaced as well.

ep3jd
02-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I'd put money on it being low oil. If my oil is low, I change it. I don't add oil unless its only a minimal amount. Ie; much more then what would cause the safety measure of not revving past 4k.

JP.Ep3
03-01-2011, 07:18 PM
oils fine changed it 700 miles ago, talon, i plan to check the fuses and sensors tomorrow and ill get back to you thanks for help, also i notice my check engine light isnt coming on. is there a fuse for it, if so which one is it so that i can fix it asap.

USAF EP3
03-01-2011, 11:24 PM
oils fine changed it 700 miles ago, talon, i plan to check the fuses and sensors tomorrow and ill get back to you thanks for help, also i notice my check engine light isnt coming on. is there a fuse for it, if so which one is it so that i can fix it asap.

Your check engine light doesn't run off of a fuse, the ECU sends a signal to your dash to turn it on.

The bulb could be burned out, pull your instrument cluster, find the bulb, swap it with a bulb you know works, and then turn your ignition to accessory 3 (it's the position before you crank it over) to see if the check engine light works then.

The check engine light always comes on when the fuel pump primes for a few seconds then turns off. Unless of course you have MIL codes then it'll stay illuminated.

Also, I don't think anyone has mentioned it yet, but you car won't turn past 4k is because the ECU is in limp mode due to your MIL codes. It does this when certain situations arise that might cause engine failure so it triggers the ECU to go into limp to save your engine to say the least.

conceptjdm
03-01-2011, 11:37 PM
ivtec oil pressure solenoid valve

VIZHUNZ02SI
03-02-2011, 08:31 PM
check oil level 1259 vtec solenoid malfunction due to low oil

ep3_si
03-06-2011, 03:16 PM
Had this problem before. I was low on oil and also cleaned the valve filter thingy that talon had mention to me back then.