PDA

View Full Version : Hondata K-Series 4 Bar Map Sensor.... WHAT TO PLUG IN?

sicivicguy
02-28-2011, 09:45 PM
So... I just got a Skunk2 TB and said to myself... HEY!... Why not buy a new map sensor before the old one goes bad... So I went with this one.

http://www.clubrsx.com/graphics/00000001/HD-4BMS.jpg

So... I'm gonna upload my K24A1 Kal and was wondering what should I plug in for this under MAP?

I chose Replacement MAP Sensor and there are two boxes Scalar & Offset....

What should I punch in?

If a MAP sensors gives the manifold pressure readings, what does it do to have this Hondata Sensor? What advantages do I have with this other than having a cool new HONDATA Sensor? LOL

makavelibranded
02-28-2011, 09:48 PM
Im pretty sure you change it under parameters under map, it should give a few other map sensor option and that is one of them

makavelibranded
02-28-2011, 09:53 PM
just downloaded kmanager again,.. under map click the replacement map sensor button, andfrom the dropdown click on the 4 bar and eveything should be auto done

And what it does is allow you the kpro software will alow you to read past 10 psi,.. if your not boosted you wasted your money

sicivicguy
02-28-2011, 09:57 PM
just downloaded kmanager again,.. under map click the replacement map sensor button, andfrom the dropdown click on the 4 bar and eveything should be auto done

I did that... So I shouldn't do anything to the numbers that are auto imputed when I do choose the Hondata Senser?

makavelibranded
02-28-2011, 10:14 PM
no i think the only reason those are there is for if you push custom if you bought one they dont have already presetup so you can adjust it

sicivicguy
02-28-2011, 10:43 PM
no i think the only reason those are there is for if you push custom if you bought one they dont have already presetup so you can adjust it

All I did was choose the one I bought and it had pre filled sections.

AKEP
03-01-2011, 02:19 AM
if your not boosted you wasted your money

this. its the 4bar MAP sensor, it lets you see 58 psi of boost. i have no idea if the sensor resolution is any better than stock though. but yeah, you just click on it from the drop down and leave it alone. it'll be fine.

sicivicguy
03-01-2011, 03:36 PM
Cool!... Thanks