PDA

View Full Version : biggest size spacer on stock wheel studs

alex026
03-01-2011, 04:20 PM
Just wondering whats the biggest size spacer i can run on stuck wheel studs. I dont have access to my car right now so cant really do any measuring. Thanks size of rims are 16x7 +40

88crx
03-01-2011, 04:29 PM
Even with only a small 3mm spacer I was only able to get 6-7 turns of the lug nuts...... lots of people have used 5mm but I think it depends on how deep the mounting surface of the wheel hub is.

alex026
03-01-2011, 04:31 PM
alright thanks man, appreciate the quick reply. I'll try a 5mm if i get the chance.

PatrickJamesYu
03-01-2011, 04:39 PM
They sell these certain style of lug nuts that work 'sorta' with spacers.
They kinda are a sleeve style, so even with the spacers, these lug nuts go 'in to' the lug seat, in order to sink in and grab more threads
I got them when I mounted ap2v1 wheels on a friends prelude
I think they were 10mm spacers?
But anyways, the lug nuts helped..
I'll try to find it online and send it over

.colin
03-03-2011, 05:53 PM
anyone have an answer to this? Probably 5mm is the most you can get away with on stock studs.

RHCP0801
03-03-2011, 05:53 PM
yes, 5mm is the biggest you can have. I have been running 5mm in the rear with no problems for a long time

nmysiismyn
03-03-2011, 06:10 PM
I could probably use some up front, but the bastards are expensive! :mmad:

Useless info:
I've been wanting to ask my homie/Skunk2 Machinist if he could make me some for cheap, but I've been lagging on a design for him. :mrolleyes:

.colin
03-04-2011, 05:07 AM
I could probably use some up front, but the bastards are expensive! :mmad:

Useless info:
I've been wanting to ask my homie/Skunk2 Machinist if he could make me some for cheap, but I've been lagging on a design for him. :mrolleyes:

there are some really nice machined ones on ebay right now - 30 for a pair. The have a chamfered inside lip so they are hubcentric and still allow you to use hubcentric rings for your wheels.

04ssmep3
03-04-2011, 05:26 AM
i ran 3mm T1R spacers all last summer and had no problems at all.

samaj
03-05-2011, 01:19 AM
What is the length of the stock bolts?

nmysiismyn
03-05-2011, 02:25 AM
there are some really nice machined ones on ebay right now - 30 for a pair. The have a chamfered inside lip so they are hubcentric and still allow you to use hubcentric rings for your wheels.

Thanks man! Really!

I've have the centering rings myself, but I don't know exactly what size my wheel bore is... or if that really even matters that much. It may be on my receipt, but if not, I'm pretty sure it's printed on the rings themselves. :shrug:

Now if I can just find that damn Bumll-Lock key of mine. :mmad:

Just another reminder that I need a micrometer...
AND THAT DUSTIN BLOWS for shutting down JLB Motorsports!:tehe: :shady:

RHDmeatwagon
03-05-2011, 06:26 AM
I really think it matters on wheels/lugs you are using. I know people that have gotten away with 1/4in (6.35mm) spacers and been alright.
Regardless I'm running extended studs with them this year just to stay on the safe side