PDA

View Full Version : EP3ers i need your help :(

crazysmm89
03-01-2011, 08:03 PM
so i got in my EP this mornign turned the Key and the car took a while to turn on.. but what i mean by that is when i turned the key nothing happened it didnt even try cranking , left it turned for about 3 seconds and then the car turned on right away. i dunno if thats a good explanation but i mean nothign happens when i turn the key or the car doeent do any effort in turning on ! i do have an after market 2 way alarm with an immobilizer and its a 2004 EP3.. thanks for your helpp!

crazysmm89
03-02-2011, 10:46 AM
anyone? no one ?

sicivicguy
03-02-2011, 10:52 AM
I'm interested in this too... had this happen to me a lot when my car was running. Not sure if this is the right section to put this though. BUMP!... For answers?

ImportCustomx
03-02-2011, 10:56 AM
1.) get in your car.
2.) pop your hood
3.) step out of car
4.) pop hood
5.) locate battery
6.) check the cables to see if they are tight.
7.) if cables are loose see 9. if cables are tight see 8.
8.) search the forum for common starting issues, and monitor this thread
9.) grab your 10mm wrench or socket and tigthen those bad larries down.

Also check to make sure your battery terminals are clean and sexy. if they are all coroded and covered in shit then that could help cause it. A loose battery cable or loose battery cable connection ( the cable itself is falling apart or has a break) can cause lots of problems. check it for continuity etc and start from there.

i am moving this to engine issues until its resolved..once resolved i will move where i feel necessary for it to be.

crazysmm89
03-02-2011, 02:14 PM
1.) get in your car.
2.) pop your hood
3.) step out of car
4.) pop hood
5.) locate battery
6.) check the cables to see if they are tight.
7.) if cables are loose see 9. if cables are tight see 8.
8.) search the forum for common starting issues, and monitor this thread
9.) grab your 10mm wrench or socket and tigthen those bad larries down.

Also check to make sure your battery terminals are clean and sexy. if they are all coroded and covered in shit then that could help cause it. A loose battery cable or loose battery cable connection ( the cable itself is falling apart or has a break) can cause lots of problems. check it for continuity etc and start from there.

i am moving this to engine issues until its resolved..once resolved i will move where i feel necessary for it to be.

ok ill check those now ! let you know asap what it turns out to be ! thanks thou
and oh i forgot to add if i try it a couple of times in a row it works fine but if its been a whie since i havent turned the car on this is what it does

RHCP0801
03-02-2011, 07:18 PM
take the battery cables off and clean up the terminals on the battery and the cables itself, reattach the cables and try again