PDA

View Full Version : thinking about sc the k24a2

lemonhead228
03-02-2011, 03:11 AM
I know I should buy the a3 super charger but do I need to up grade anything such as tensioners, injectors, head studs, ect.?

I have about 50,xxx mi on it.

Kerby
03-02-2011, 05:34 AM
really consider the RSX kit. Their manifold is more efficient than the ep3 manifold. Also, there is a member on CRSX that is selling an aftercooler kit. That kit only works on the RSX kit though. You will have to do some adjusting for the aftercooler kit supports becuase the mounting is for a k20 (smaller deck height), but its no biggy with the appropiate tools.

I believe, and dont quote me on this... but I think a Accord CP (Skeletor) and a 3.0BP will net you 13.2ishPSI peak boost. You should also run meth with this setup.
I don't know is all k24 CP are all the same. I'm digging and havent come up with anything. Maybe sombody can answer this.

Race kit comes with 650cc. you should be fine.
No need to upgrade anything else.

Only real concern should be the OEM tensioner. You want to use it because its auto. But you will have to modify it to work. Kit only comes with Manual which sucks sack.

Kerby
03-02-2011, 05:41 AM
Also, and this just popped in my head, Twin Screw setups are picking up steam. All the hybrid setups are based/use the RSX manifold.

Lucid Moments
03-02-2011, 09:36 PM
I know I should buy the a3 super charger but do I need to up grade anything such as tensioners, injectors, head studs, ect.?

I have about 50,xxx mi on it.

Nope you don't need to upgrade anything. Best motor I had was a bone stock TSX motor with the K20A3 blower on it.

lemonhead228
03-03-2011, 12:51 AM
really consider the RSX kit. Their manifold is more efficient than the ep3 manifold. Also, there is a member on CRSX that is selling an aftercooler kit. That kit only works on the RSX kit though. You will have to do some adjusting for the aftercooler kit supports becuase the mounting is for a k20 (smaller deck height), but its no biggy with the appropiate tools.

I believe, and dont quote me on this... but I think a Accord CP (Skeletor) and a 3.0BP will net you 13.2ishPSI peak boost. You should also run meth with this setup.
I don't know is all k24 CP are all the same. I'm digging and havent come up with anything. Maybe sombody can answer this.

Only real concern should be the OEM tensioner. You want to use it because its auto. But you will have to modify it to work. Kit only comes with Manual which sucks sack.

that's a lil to much for me..

lemonhead228
03-03-2011, 12:55 AM
Nope you don't need to upgrade anything. Best motor I had was a bone stock TSX motor with the K20A3 blower on it.

Yea Im happy wit the set up I have. Bone stock wit bolt ons hondata I/rh/e but I wouldn't mind a lil more power(:

How fast you ran in a 1/4 mile wit that set up? traction must be a bitch lmao

skoolnu
03-03-2011, 02:44 PM

Race kit comes with 440cc injectors. You should run 650s with the setup you talk about.