PDA

View Full Version : Leaking Snout

04EP3Hatch
03-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Well guys after over 25,000 miles supercharged i have my first issue! installing a new blower cover today i noticed some oil under the hood that correlates with the belt line, i was like WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot??? so i was looking around thinking the crank seal was he culprit. NOPE! i looked at the snout and sure enough she was leaking fluid. put my fingers under the snout and sure enough there was fluid there, so i limped the car home after work and felt again and my hand was actually wet. so no more driving the ep3 for now, im ordering thehighspeedlab.com's Premium Snout Rebuilb kit and im going to do the rebuild by leaving the rotor pack in the car, but i will be removing the snout from the blower, keep your eyes out for a nifty DIY

skoolnu
03-03-2011, 02:50 PM
damn bro that sucks... a diy with good pics would be sick!! I have around 30k on my blower, and knock on wood. If i dont end up selling mine, ill be taking it apart, but for other reasons. hea hea.

you planing on Carlisle this year?

04EP3Hatch
03-03-2011, 06:40 PM
damn bro that sucks... a diy with good pics would be sick!! I have around 30k on my blower, and knock on wood. If i dont end up selling mine, ill be taking it apart, but for other reasons. hea hea.

you planing on Carlisle this year?

na man not this year, i think im doing the east coast honda-tech meet but im not sure yet

skoolnu
03-04-2011, 02:46 PM
shit man... let me know if your doing the HT meet.

talonXracer
03-04-2011, 03:45 PM
When I first read the thread title I thought you had a runny nose..........

superchargedk20
03-04-2011, 09:06 PM
When I first read the thread title I thought you had a runny nose..........

This might be the first time ive seen a post by talon that wasnt informative lol

04EP3Hatch
03-04-2011, 09:34 PM
This might be the first time ive seen a post by talon that wasnt informative lol

x2 haha

talonXracer
03-05-2011, 07:12 AM
LOL,,,the title just grabbed my eyes! LOL

I am looking forwards to your DIY on the seal R&R

Kerby
03-05-2011, 01:52 PM
this might be a stupid question but, how many revs is the blower running?
You less than 17K?

04EP3Hatch
03-06-2011, 12:28 AM
this might be a stupid question but, how many revs is the blower running?
You less than 17K?

hell yea man i think im in the 13k area? i forgot where that blower speed calculator went i think it was 13,XXX

Canuck Civic
03-06-2011, 08:42 PM
hell yea man i think im in the 13k area? i forgot where that blower speed calculator went i think it was 13,XXX

Blower speed calculator here (http://willbelayforfood.com/RSX/RSXMainSite/BlowerCalcPage/blowerspeed.htm)

04EP3Hatch
03-07-2011, 04:52 AM
thanks man! haha mine is 12,900

05 hatch
04-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Well guys after over 25,000 miles supercharged i have my first issue! installing a new blower cover today i noticed some oil under the hood that correlates with the belt line, i was like WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot??? so i was looking around thinking the crank seal was he culprit. NOPE! i looked at the snout and sure enough she was leaking fluid. put my fingers under the snout and sure enough there was fluid there, so i limped the car home after work and felt again and my hand was actually wet. so no more driving the ep3 for now, im ordering thehighspeedlab.com's Premium Snout Rebuilb kit and im going to do the rebuild by leaving the rotor pack in the car, but i will be removing the snout from the blower, keep your eyes out for a nifty DIY

Any new news yet? I wanna know what's goin on with your build man!

04EP3Hatch
04-09-2011, 09:36 AM
yea i got her all fixed, there was no play in the shaft so i replaced the seal only and using a speed bleeder i sucked all the old fluid out and refilled it with the specified amount