PDA

View Full Version : Labor Costs

codyep3
03-04-2011, 11:17 AM
So I received my ES front control arm bushings and new Progress Springs. I don't have a press, nor a spring compressor. I am going to get it quoted at a couple places. Just came here to see how many hours you guys think It would be for one to do the above?

ep3jd
03-04-2011, 11:19 AM
7 billion dollars.

You can rent the spring compressor and save some cash.

blue2turbo
03-04-2011, 11:49 AM
you can buy a cheap spring compressor for like $20-30 from advanced auto, and honestly, you don't even really need it. I've done the suspension on my EP3 twice and MR2 like 5 times and never needed one.Helps to have a buddy when you are reassembling though.

codyep3
03-04-2011, 03:54 PM
got a family friend who always does work on our jeep and trucks. He quoted me 240$ for springs and bushings put on, and an alignment. I know bushings are always a bitch and I don't have a lot of tools. So this can get closed, admins.

talonXracer
03-04-2011, 04:00 PM
The compliance bushing on the front LCA's are a real bitch!

If you have a press with the proper tools it is not that bad, but without either the press or the tools you will need to remove the rubber areas of the bushings with either a drill or a torch and then cut the bushing shells with a hack-saw.

dj addicted
03-04-2011, 04:56 PM
if this includes an alignment I would go ahead with this deal. Most alignments are 100 by themselves, so basically paying 140 to get the other stuff done isn't bad.