PDA

View Full Version : a2 head on a3 question....

abstract
03-05-2011, 05:19 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/rsx-type-s-k20-k20a2-k20z1-cylinder-head-vtec-nice-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem4aa89fed56QQitemZ32065 6633174QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccesso ries

do i need anything else besides kpro, /\ might pick up

japarossa
03-05-2011, 06:37 AM
You will need alot more stuff to make either of those heads work, one has no cams, and the other one looks like it is missing everything except the valves and springs. I don't think either of them is worth the kind of money they are asking. Suspicious how he can't remember the year or type of vehicle it came out of but he remembers the mileage.

abstract
03-05-2011, 06:42 AM
You will need alot more stuff to make either of those heads work, one has no cams, and the other one looks like it is missing everything except the valves and springs. I don't think either of them is worth the kind of money they are asking. Suspicious how he can't remember the year or type of vehicle it came out of but he remembers the mileage.
just noticed the missing cams, but what is missing that is needed for the head swap that the a3 cant use?

thanks

talonXracer
03-05-2011, 06:57 AM
To install onto a A3 you will need a new headgasket, cams and Kpro.

As far as being suspicious about the year etc, the seller specifically stated he thought it was a 05+ typeS.

The only concern I would have is with the rockers, without the camshafts installed there is absolutely nothing there to prevent the pins and springs from being spit out of the rockers. AND I would suspect that the pins and springs in a rocker or two are incorrectly reinstalled and are mismatched. Each rocker has the pins specifically hand sized and fitted into their respective rockers and seldom will work correctly in another rocker. A real bitch to figure out what is wrong when one or two cylinders do not engage VTEC. Many a swap suffers this fault.