View Full Version : K-pro

mangvue05si
03-05-2011, 07:29 AM
so i just got a ep3, again
and it has k-pro,
it does have a usb wire coming out of the glove box,

heres my BIG question,

does it have a password protection?
and where can i download the stuff i need; like the cd that comes with k-pro?

OR

just contact hondata?

heyvortek
03-05-2011, 08:06 AM
it has some security thing on it. all you need to download is the program at hondata website. what kind of "stuff" you trying to download. calibrations and updates is all you need to download.

talonXracer
03-05-2011, 08:07 AM
You will need to download Kmanager from the Hondata site, no need for the disc as it is years out of date.

As far as if Security has been set, who knows, I would attempt to contact the previous owner and verify what all has been done and obtain a copy of the loaded calibration. You CAN NOT load the calibration from the ECU to your laptop, also the version of the software in the ECU must match what you have in your laptop in order to do any tuning, so you will need to obtain a copy of the cal or start all over on the tune.

AKEP
03-05-2011, 11:53 AM
i've loaded maps from my ecu to my laptop...idgi.

hondero69
03-06-2011, 02:45 PM
My recommendation is that you take a professional tunner to inspect how is tunned your car,kmanager is a good comprehensive program,once already tuning, he can give you some tips on how to keep up to date.

mangvue05si
03-29-2011, 05:31 PM
ok so i got it pluged in and i see what everyone is talking about,
i cant tune it to the current settings because i dont have the daloging(s) that it was tuned on,

here is my QUESTION,
my car is reading fuel to rich,

i cant just record a pull; like 3rd gear, use the already-in calibration and do the adjustment correct?
because i dont have the adjustments from the last guy who tuned it?

DAM! my head hurts but this k-pro is TIGHT IS HELL!

IM SUCH A NEWBIE

EDU
03-29-2011, 07:16 PM
i agree with the other dude... take it to a professional import tuner and go from there, they ussually charge around $140/hr but its totally worth it, plus he will have your car on the dyno and you will know what you have for power as it sits right now.