PDA

View Full Version : FYI - Falken ze-912's or any Falkens I guess

ZaTHRaS
03-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Just some info incase anyone is looking for tires...

Mines a DD which needed new tires. Got 15" Si's and was running 205/50/15.
Wanted to go closer to original size so, looked for 205/55/15, PITA to find.
Tiresplus has a buy3get1 free deal on Falken's..in stock...didn't have this size when i called, anywhere.
went online to discounttire and ordered them and scheduled appointment. Applied for their carcareone card for 6 months no interest financing cause theres a $50 rebate. $481 before rebate.
went back online to tiresplus and printed an out-the-door quote. $404
Went to get tires at discount tire and the Manager said he would price match. He dorked my charge so, he credited the difference which made him do tax as well so ended up like $400.02

So, after I get my rebate, I will end up paying $350 for a new set of decent tires...out the door, taxes and all!! :mbiggrin:

Just wanted to share, may not be the right section...move if appropriate

ep3colin
03-06-2011, 01:48 PM
i did the same thing lol too bad those tires ended up sucking balls

civictype_r04
03-06-2011, 02:10 PM
i did the same thing lol too bad those tires ended up sucking balls

SMe here dude they sucked hardcore!!!!

ZaTHRaS
03-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Yeah, I read mixed reviews but, so far they are are a much nicer ride than the kumho asx that I had. I can actually hear my stereo and engine now instead of just road noise. We'll see how they do for me.

nmysiismyn
03-06-2011, 05:23 PM
If they're much quieter, then I'm guessing your Kumho's were way bald... Right?

IDK about the 912's , but both the 512's and the 502's sucked ass for me. Both tires are WAY too soft- on both the tred and the sidewalls. Cleaning those 512's god-awful/hideous sidewalls was such a biotch! The rubber just rubbed away to the point I thought I was gonna see steel. You would think that soft tred would at least equal traction, but SOMEHOW it doesn't. :rant:

PatrickJamesYu
03-06-2011, 05:29 PM
I was able to get the 205/55/15's with out a problem actually :/

But as far as the 912's, I think performance wise they aren't that good
but for a daily driver I think they are great.
They have great tread wear ratings
I've been running -2 front front and -3 rear on them for a year and are about 85% life left.
They are decently quiet, and I think are great for a DD
Price is low as well
Some of the lowest priced tires I've found in that size.

EPSU3
03-06-2011, 06:51 PM
I had the 912s in stock 03 size. They lasted about 30k miles before they were down past the wear marker. Not bad for dd, but awful in the snow so if you live in a place with four seasons I'd avoid them.