PDA

View Full Version : corner balancing a street car.....?

abstract
03-07-2011, 09:09 AM
id like to get it done ( im 180lbs) but sometimes i do have friends in the car and my best friend is pushing 300lbs. i cant be riding crooked. is it even worth it? i do some spirited driving and track racing 2 times a year.

Zzyzx
03-07-2011, 10:16 AM
yeah, sure you'll see an improvement; though its not going to be measurable on the street. And don't worry about your friend, corner balance for you driving & the car set for race day. AKA, have all the things removed as per the requirements of track days (anything not bolted down).

udontknowjack
03-07-2011, 10:15 PM
yeah, sure you'll see an improvement; though its not going to be measurable on the street. And don't worry about your friend, corner balance for you driving & the car set for race day. AKA, have all the things removed as per the requirements of track days (anything not bolted down).

its waste of money if u dont track your car....you will not notice anything seriously... but hey its your money....

sLiCk
03-07-2011, 10:42 PM
I agree that on a street car you will not notice anything. The average street car has far too much chassis flex to see the benefits. So on 'paper' it'll be nicely balanced, but numbers will look like scrambled eggs when going full tilt. There are gains, but the effectiveness isn't as great as a race car with a stiff chassis. If the money to corner balance means nothing to you, then do it. Otherwise save it for something else.