PDA

View Full Version : PC 7424xp

codyep3
03-08-2011, 09:50 AM
So i recently bought a PC with the whole bang of pads for Lakeshire(i think). My car had pretty good swirl marks on it. Over the past 2 days I left my car in the garage and buffed the whole thing. I used the yellow pad with Pinnacle XMT Intermediate Swirl Remover #3, and then with a white pad with Pinnacle XMT Ultra Fine Swirl Remover #1. Then of course with a sealant and wax. I took my car out in the sunlight and there were still a ton of swirls. Am I maybe not applying enought pressure? I go over 6 times over a 1.5x.1.5 area. Any tips? Ephatch definitely does not have any info about buffing or techniques.

Blackexcoupe
03-08-2011, 01:09 PM
What kind of lighting did you use in between each pass with the PC to check if the swirls were getting removed? Or did you just work on it blindly for 2 days?

What condition is the polish in before you removed it from the paint? Is it fully broken down yet? or did you run it dry and induce more swirls into the paint? What kind of towels were you using to remove the polish and sealants?

If you meant Lake country pads then the yellow pad is too aggressive and has a higher chance of inducing swirls after removing deeper scratches. I prefer using an orange Lake Country pad most of the time. Colors and types of pads vary by brand.

mitchlikesbikes
03-10-2011, 05:09 PM
i'm just starting out maintaining my NHBP as well. i learned an ASSLOAD of information from this site and tutorial though. check it out

http://www.detailedimage.com/Ask-a-Pro/2006-acura-tl-in-nighthawk-black-pearl-part-1/