PDA

View Full Version : springs or coils?

SiBoosting11
03-08-2011, 02:59 PM
i want to lower my ep, i dont want to spend a lot of money but what is the best selection, springs or coils?

ep3jd
03-08-2011, 03:03 PM
Ground control kit. This has definitely been covered though.

Zzyzx
03-08-2011, 03:53 PM
do you care about ride quality or overall performance, or just about lowering the car?

udontknowjack
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
i want to lower my ep, i dont want to spend a lot of money but what is the best selection, springs or coils?

lower your ep and dont want to spend a lot of money....hmm....cut your springs is your best best in both

Blue03Si
03-08-2011, 04:17 PM
ok, so I was randomly subscribed to this thread (which seams to happen a lot since the crash and re-birth), but I'm curious now. How is the ride quality on ground controls? Anyone know how they compare to the HFP suspension?

udontknowjack
03-08-2011, 04:20 PM
ok, so I was randomly subscribed to this thread (which seams to happen a lot since the crash and re-birth), but I'm curious now. How is the ride quality on ground controls? Anyone know how they compare to the HFP suspension?

i think depend on the spring rate.....with the bc coilover i just installed....560/900 spring rate feel just about the same with my tokico/eiback spring....

Zzyzx
03-08-2011, 04:59 PM

the HFP is going to ride better simply because of their design, as they use progressive rated springs. Where as Ground Controls use linear springs.

Of course assuming you are using the OTS ground controls for the EP3 (375lb/inch & 450 Lb/inch) Vs the assumption that the HFP springs are similar to the Mugen setup at ~283 LB/inch & 439 LB/inch; given that we do not actually have the spring rates of the HFP available to us. the actual relative stiffness will be very similar with the Ground controls giving you ~2.04 Hz on the nose and 1.81 Hz on the rear Vs Mugen @ 1.77Hz front & 1.79Hz rear

OEM comes out at ~1.66Hz front & 1.79 Hz rear for comparison.

SiBoosting11
03-15-2011, 04:26 PM
how would i go about cutting my springs, and isnt cutting them bad for your coils?

Blue03Si
03-15-2011, 04:30 PM
how would i go about cutting my springs, and isnt cutting them bad for your coils?

Do not cut your springs..... What are your goals and budget. I would suggest looking in the for sale section for someone selling used springs if you need to do it on the cheap.