PDA

View Full Version : jrsc and hondata heatshield

05 hatch
03-08-2011, 05:59 PM
Has anybody ran a hondata heatshield with thier jrsc? I'm test fitting my jrsc right now with the heatshield and it does not look like it's going to fit. I was thinking of grinding the bracket that holds the belt tensioner because that looks like where its hitting! What do you all think of this? Has anybody done this? Help please? Installing tomorrow!

HondaFreak
03-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Yes it will fit. HOWEVER, because of the crap bolts supplied by Moss they are prone to break with the Hondata heatshield installed as well. The problem is that there is less thread in the head with the heatshield installed. Thus, the bolts break off at the bolt head. Leaving a bunch of choice words in your mouth.

So my advice is to find some longer bolts that will fit. Now by longer I'm talking about like 1/8 to 3/16 longer. If they are too long they won't go in because of the horrible manifold design. The studs as I recall you can't do much about again, cause of the horrible manifold design.

Don't even think about over torqeing just to get extra threads. Your gonna break something major by doing that. Those bolts only torque to 16ft lbs. It's a aluminum head.

I've done all of this after spinning at the track in the rain at 100ish. I hit a burm and the impact broke 3 of the 4 short bolts off at the bolt head. That produced a loud squeal from my jrsc. I though I sucked up water.

Post up if you need install help, or pm me.

Christian

05 hatch
03-09-2011, 11:17 AM
Thanks. Appreciate it. I will hit you up if I need any help.

05 hatch
03-12-2011, 07:26 PM
I was able to get the hondata img on with the jrsc. I was able to get a couple longer bolts in but some i could not do to the manifold design. I seriously had more trouble putting the fuel rail back in.

HondaFreak
03-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Lol sounds about right. Cool I'm glad it went good. Just keep an eye on those bolts.

Christian

abstract
03-13-2011, 12:50 AM
good to know! they have a heatshield for the throttle body??