PDA

View Full Version : HEEEELP.... EPS problem....

obiDR
03-09-2011, 05:18 PM
whats going on guys... my name is obi and i recently joined the forum after i bought an 02 TW...

it suuuuuucks that my first post has to be because of a problem :mcry:

you guys should know im a total nooB when it comes to this generation of SI's....

so heres the problem.... I lost my electric steering... and the EPS light came on the dash...

the car was running perfect this morning... the only think i can think about is that, this morning when i came home... i was parking and forgot to put the car in neutral, left it in reverse and i let go of the clutch, so obviously the car stalled....

after that this afternoon i was about to head to school, and noticed that the steering was really stiff (i know thats what she said)... then i noticed i had the EPS light was on... after reading some pointers about the issue online, i disconnected the battery to do a reset and nothing, still have the same issue....

please help... you guys have any suggestions on what it could be???

ps. I installed a music system... so thats about the only mod that would affect the electric side of things.....

oh and when i bought the car i noticed a slight squeaking sound when i would turn the steering wheel, the guy who sold me the car said it was nothing.... only had to grease it up a bit.... idk if that meant something...

talonXracer
03-09-2011, 05:41 PM
Check the fuse for the EPS in the underhood fuse box.

The squeek in the steering rack is rather common, usually only appearing when lowered.

whatsvtec
03-09-2011, 07:00 PM
I've got the squeak at stock height :l

obiDR
03-10-2011, 04:14 PM
Soo... It sucks to say... But now the eps is the least of my problems... I took the car this morning to get the eps checked out and the car all of a sudden started losing force around 2k rpms... Check engine light came on... I barely made it to the mechanics and have it checked out... And it came up with an error 13 BARO sensor... I had no idea what that was... With my luck that sensor is located inside the ECU on newer model SI's... The mechanic told me i would have to get a new ECU...

Before i did... Wanted to ask if this is a common problem? Is there any other solution other than changing the ECU?

RHCP0801
03-10-2011, 04:30 PM
can you give us the code?

obiDR
03-10-2011, 10:19 PM
the error code is 013 is i remember correctly... but i know it was refering to the BARO sensor...

but i called up the guy who sold me the car... and he told me that the same thing happend to him once.... and all he did was take off the throttle body and clean everything up all the sensors (tps and what not)... and then it all worked fine... he said that it was the dirt last time...

idk bt that sounds fishy... can a dirty throttle and dirty sensors cause all that trouble....?

obiDR
03-11-2011, 10:18 PM
so i managed to fix the excess problem... the MAP sensor was messed up, bought a new 1 threw on there and it fix the prob... still need to get a TPS sensor, for some reason my car has an accord 1 mounted.... so its always off position...

but im back to my main problemo.. wich is my EPS.... i check the fuse under the hood and its good... any other ideas????

i need to fix that ASAP, driving without power steering is a biiiiiiatch!

atrain01
03-11-2011, 10:53 PM
We dont get inspections on cars these days?

obiDR
03-12-2011, 05:28 AM
Im from dominican republic... So unfortunately we don't have Carfax or anything like that... We don't have an offcial Honda dealer... So that basiclly means you have to take the car to small mechanics shops (wich means in a way is either hit or miss).... When I bought the car I took for a check up... Everything came up "fine"... And that was 2 weeks ago when I got the car...

So I need help with the EPS guys... Any suggestions would be greatly appriciated...

RHCP0801
03-12-2011, 10:49 PM
if you can get the actual error code that would help a lot

obiDR
03-13-2011, 09:34 PM
if you can get the actual error code that would help a lot

thats the thing man... the computer does not gives us any codes... its reeeeally wierd.... it gave us other codes, but it was the MAP and TPS sensors wich i fixed....

unless the EPS uses a different dedicated ECU or connector...???

RHCP0801
03-14-2011, 07:38 AM
no it uses the same connector and ecu, you need to go to honda to get it read and you will get an actual code