PDA

View Full Version : Tuned today

05 hatch
03-10-2011, 08:39 PM
Ok, so I got tuned today and was a little dissapointed! I made 209 hp and 158lb/ft on a dynapack 3000. I was told that thier dyno has the latest updates but it is not forgiving on numbers. They told me people get tuned by him on his dyno and go somwhere else and get higher numbers (about 20-25 hp they said). I want to believe it but it's hard too. My tuner bisimoto is a pretty reputable and smart guy. So, on to the next mods. I need more power. Haha. And when i got home and pulled in my driveway, I snapped one of my rear endlinks. Funny huh.
Next: (about a month or two)
-k24 skeletor pulley. (Need to do some research and ask some questions about that)
-AEM water/meth kit
-AEM wideband
Supporting mods:
-k20a3
-jrsc 3.8 pulley (auto tensioner) thanks everybody
-precision 650cc injectors
-injen short ram (want cold air)
-hondata img
-dc race header (heat wrapped)
-3" exhaust, magnaflow muffler
-NGK iridium ix spark plugs (BKR7EIX)

monjarassi
03-10-2011, 08:58 PM
Not a great choice of header. upgrading it should free up some ponies. Just my opinion....

05 hatch
03-10-2011, 10:12 PM
Not a great choice of header. upgrading it should free up some ponies. Just my opinion....

Ya, I know about the header. I believe your opinion is correct. I only paid 200 for it though so i shouldn't be complaining. On a tight budget! I can't justify spending a couple hundred more for a few ponies, unless I can find a good used one or a donation. Anybody?

superchargedk20
03-11-2011, 12:01 AM
Does ur car drive better than it did before the tune? If yes then the tuner did his job. Numbers aren't everything and every dyno reads different

05 hatch
03-11-2011, 08:46 AM
Does ur car drive better than it did before the tune? If yes then the tuner did his job. Numbers aren't everything and every dyno reads different

Yes it does. I just already want more power. My friend has a 2010 gti with a intake and ecu reflash. I need to beat him haha. I don't know if i can right now. On the other hand i just found an AEM cai online. Time to start collecting more parts.

superchargedk20
03-11-2011, 11:45 AM
Cai is gona help alot. I had the aem one. It was ok. Injen for the type s is the best though

04EP3Hatch
03-11-2011, 02:19 PM
Yes it does. I just already want more power. My friend has a 2010 gti with a intake and ecu reflash. I need to beat him haha. I don't know if i can right now. On the other hand i just found an AEM cai online. Time to start collecting more parts.

if you dont beat him then your tune is way off or the tune is on, just the setup doesnt work, actually just saw it was done by bisimoto, your tune has got to be on lol what size nozzle are you running in the meth kit and how is it activating? is it wired through kpro? and yea that DC header is hurting you, i know you got it for cheap but consider upgrading to a Kiddracing header and make a nice transition pipe to your 3" exhaust. and im not sure where i saw it but the precision injectors dont have the best spray pattern for the JRSC so you might consider selling them and copping some RC 650's, (440's would work too)

05 hatch
03-11-2011, 04:45 PM
if you dont beat him then your tune is way off or the tune is on, just the setup doesnt work, actually just saw it was done by bisimoto, your tune has got to be on lol what size nozzle are you running in the meth kit and how is it activating? is it wired through kpro? and yea that DC header is hurting you, i know you got it for cheap but consider upgrading to a Kiddracing header and make a nice transition pipe to your 3" exhaust. and im not sure where i saw it but the precision injectors dont have the best spray pattern for the JRSC so you might consider selling them and copping some RC 650's, (440's would work too)

I haven't got to race him yet but we'll see soon enough. I actually don't have the water/meth in yet. That is the next upgrade along with the skeletor pulley that you are running and cai and widband. Am i able to use the same belt? it's the gatorback 7 rib 62.2.

superchargedk20
03-11-2011, 11:43 PM
Its been hit or miss here lately. It works but sometimes its gotta be tightened down so far and it still slips. I stayed away from the gatorback and used a smaller gates belt that worked great it never slipped. But i dont think they make it anymore

04EP3Hatch
03-11-2011, 11:50 PM
I haven't got to race him yet but we'll see soon enough. I actually don't have the water/meth in yet. That is the next upgrade along with the skeletor pulley that you are running and cai and widband. Am i able to use the same belt? it's the gatorback 7 rib 62.2.

oh ok so your not even on that yet? but what will your nozzle size be and what mixture are you running? ill check my belts part number for you

05 hatch
03-12-2011, 04:16 PM
oh ok so your not even on that yet? but what will your nozzle size be and what mixture are you running? ill check my belts part number for you

I don't know what size nozzle or mixture yet? Any advice? I'll talk to bisimoto about that too. Also, when I change out the crank pulley i heard i do not need a spacer. What happened with yours exactly when it hit that bolt? Noob question too. I raced a guy with a mr2 and beat em but, my car made a wierd noise. So, when I got home i popped the hood to check it out I noticed my belt had some chunks missing out of it. Just about one rib in some parts. Is there a break in period for belts?

willy_akino
05-23-2011, 02:59 PM
my setup is almost the same as yours. only differences is im running a type S dcrh, magnaflow exhaust, and injen cai.

skoolnu
05-23-2011, 03:21 PM
ahhh numbers anit shit bro... I was on a dyno that said my setup only made 99hp. Im sure John will chime in here to bust my balls.

whatsvtec
05-23-2011, 06:52 PM
ahhh numbers anit shit bro... I was on a dyno that said my setup only made 99hp. Im sure John will chime in here to bust my balls.

^^Want your car... :mtongue:

EliteTuning
05-23-2011, 07:09 PM
Just like everybody said, your intake and header are the two main things holding you back!

AKEP
05-23-2011, 07:25 PM

...how?

willy_akino
06-16-2011, 11:16 PM
finally got my tune i made 218whp and 170tq on a dynojet i say get a cai from a type S