PDA

View Full Version : six speed k24

civicsiep3
03-11-2011, 11:34 AM
ok so i have a k24a2 swapped ep3 nd i wanna now buy a six speed. my question is i have my origional ecu from my ep3 kpro'd can i add a six speed using this ecu or do i need the dam rsx type s ecu kpro'd? i rly need clarity on this issue so plz lemme know for sure one way or the other. thanks

mitchlikesbikes
03-11-2011, 11:40 AM
i'm pretty sure you can use the ep3 one, but you won't have reverse lock out which i've heard isn't a huge deal. and you also might have to notch your shift mech or get a BCSS. some one else can probably chime in on this though

civicsiep3
03-11-2011, 12:06 PM
what is reverse lockout? and BCSS?

nmysiismyn
03-11-2011, 12:24 PM
-What keeps you from going I'm reverse on accident
-Buddy Club Short Shifter

civicsiep3
03-11-2011, 12:28 PM
ok well reverse lockout is not a concern ive seen the 6 speed pattern in the ep3 before nd im not overly concerned with shifting from 5th to reverse. even without reverse lockout it will be hard to mess that up. also buddy club short shifter is no longer made for ep3. can one be used from an rsx or no?

civicsiep3
03-11-2011, 12:45 PM
also im not sure if anyone has done this but if you search ebay.uk you can finder six speed shifter boxs from the ep3. will these work? i know their cars are rhd but the shift pattern is still the same our 1st nd their first r on the same side so id think it would work what do you think? theyre prtty cheap too so if this will work i will buy one

cloumep3
03-11-2011, 02:29 PM
also im not sure if anyone has done this but if you search ebay.uk you can finder six speed shifter boxs from the ep3. will these work? i know their cars are rhd but the shift pattern is still the same our 1st nd their first r on the same side so id think it would work what do you think? theyre prtty cheap too so if this will work i will buy one

What year is your EP? Some of the older models and their shifter already has the extra slot precut for 6th gear. Now, you'd have to open it up to see if you have one or not. Also, I'm not sure which particular year or productions have these, but I've seen one in 02 ep3. Another thing you may consider is to look for inexpensive used dc5 6 speed shifter box.

Oh, going into reverse from 5th is not as difficult as some say. The slot for reverse is cut in an angle, which makes it more prone to accidental slip in.
For the reverse lock out(RLO) you can install a switch which gets wired up to your tranny solenoid and there's a diagram that shows DIY somewhere on one of other forums; I used cheap toggle switch from RadioShack and installed it on left of my shifter (when ON, goes into reverse; when OFF, doesn't go into reverse). Also, I've heard there's a way to program this with your Kpro which will work as reverse lock out; past certain speed, you won't go into reverse. GL!!!

civicsiep3
03-12-2011, 10:55 AM
rly?? i rly like what you are saying so u have this switch? id like to know more about this and any info on it. also when you use a DC5 TYPE s shift box do u have to modify the actual shift arm since ours is bent on the ep3? p.s i have an 04 ep

cloumep3
03-12-2011, 11:40 AM
rly?? i rly like what you are saying so u have this switch? id like to know more about this and any info on it. also when you use a DC5 TYPE s shift box do u have to modify the actual shift arm since ours is bent on the ep3? p.s i have an 04 ep

Here's what mine looks like:

It def. needs some getting used to, but it doesn't bother me at all.
Could be an overkill, but I've seen an actually blown dc5-s blown tranny in ep3 and it wasn't pretty. Mine's wired up to the tranny solenoid and I believe the diagram for wiring is somewhere on k20a.org or HT forum..., I think it was a copy from the service manual that showed the detailed layout of the solenoid. Also, I've seen one wired up to the cruise control switch area using the foglight like switch as well.

As for the shift arm; my tranny is z3 6sp and they are 180 degree reverse from those of ep3/dc5-r's, and it needed to be modified, but I'm not sure about dc5-r going into ep3... sorry bro.