View Full Version : requesting the pictures of hood spacers on ep3!

bigo711
03-12-2011, 08:53 PM
Does anyone has the hood spacers?
Summers coming, and I think they will help tremendously for those that have SRI under the hood.

Can you post the some picture of the hood spacers on ep3?

EDIT: Pictures of the "car" after installation. I know what spacer look like. haha

MadLorEP3
03-12-2011, 08:59 PM
I don't have pics but they are just washers
you can buy them from home depot or any hardware store
they go between the hood and the brackets that connect your hood to your car...

bigo711
03-12-2011, 09:31 PM
I don't have pics but they are just washers
you can buy them from home depot or any hardware store
they go between the hood and the brackets that connect your hood to your car...

Thanks for ur answer, but I wanted to know how the car looks after installation. I know what the spacers look like.

civictype_r04
03-12-2011, 09:55 PM
Buy them and put them on..... Then you can post pics!

SkareKrow
03-12-2011, 10:26 PM
I been thinking of doing this. What size of washers and exactly where to put them? if anyone has a chance to post pictures.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

abstract
03-13-2011, 12:52 AM
tt never saw a ep3 with spacers

Tortoise
03-13-2011, 01:54 AM
tt never saw a ep3 with spacers

Neither have i! I think theyre uglyy

bigo711
03-13-2011, 02:33 AM
Buy them and put them on..... Then you can post pics!

Thanks, why didnt I think of that.

CIVIC MAN
03-31-2011, 12:19 AM
I would not rec. doing this... i was stupid and tried it. My P/S fender near the hood has paint crack'g from opening and closing the hood. I used washers from Home Depot but i hate it now. Some cars can do it but i dont think it even looks that great on our cars imo

I got into a accident couple weeks ago and looking for new stuff and poss. painting the car, now with the accident, and the paints and hood/fender dents and paint cracks from this stupid 'mod', gives me a reason to paint the whole car :P
But like i said, i wouldnt rec.

talonXracer
03-31-2011, 05:53 AM
Adding hood spacers will NOT help out a SRI and will cause the engine to run WARMER and will screw with MPG and at speed handling. You will run cooler in bumper to bumper traffic, but get moving and the underhood cooling slows significantly because it no longer follows the correct path.

There is alot of thought that went into the EP3/DC5 cooling scheme.

And then you have the looks. A propped up hood looks like some shadetree redneck moron cobbled some parts together.