PDA

View Full Version : 10w30, oops

bizzle
03-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Just changed my oil and after I poured the oil in, put the cap on, started it up (no crazy noises), let it idle for a bit and then checked the dip stick again I checked the cap for tightness again and almost had a heart attack when I looked at the cap again. I know the car uses 5w30. I wasn't paying attention at the store and picked up the wrong bottles. FUCK. I'm in NJ and it's just starting to warm up but I always let the car warm up before driving and I think the cold winter days are behind us, so I am not too concerned. Also the PO used 10w30, but in Georgia. Anyone else running 10w30 in k20a3?

SkareKrow
03-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Just changed my oil and after I poured the oil in, put the cap on, started it up (no crazy noises), let it idle for a bit and then checked the dip stick again I checked the cap for tightness again and almost had a heart attack when I looked at the cap again. I know the car uses 5w30. I wasn't paying attention at the store and picked up the wrong bottles. FUCK. I'm in NJ and it's just starting to warm up but I always let the car warm up before driving and I think the cold winter days are behind us, so I am not too concerned. Also the PO used 10w30, but in Georgia. Anyone else running 10w30 in k20a3?
I been running 10w30 no problem. Ever since I went over 100k I been running it. Specially synthetic. You will be alright. Im not sure about the difference in weather. I'm in socal...

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

bizzle
03-13-2011, 08:20 AM
I am at 119k, Mobil1 "fully" synthetic and Mobil1 M1-110 filter. It's going to get changed at 121k with something a little uh, better. Temp here today is 51. 3k will only get me to end of next month anyway.

POOPTOOTH
03-13-2011, 08:24 AM
You're fine Anthony. Don't worry about it, its not like your motor is going to seize for using 10w-30. Temps are mild enough around us now that you really won't see any ill-effect from the 10 over say a 5 or a 0. Thats my 'non-dead of winter' oil weight FYI.

bizzle
03-13-2011, 08:40 AM
Yeah I figured it's fine, just looking for other people to say so too.

HondaFreak
03-13-2011, 09:21 AM
Oh no's! Your going to experience higher than normal oil pressure.
Lol's

Christian

oneglory
03-13-2011, 12:53 PM
I've been using 10w30 as well. You're fine. Don't over fill though..

talonXracer
03-13-2011, 01:00 PM
OH NO, !!! that will almost instantly start destroying rings pistons and whatever other widgets are using oil......

LOL, you will be fine. We are not expecting sub-zero weather till next year. Dont panic. I have 10w40 in the bitch right now and changed the oil in the ATV's back to 10w50 already.

SkareKrow
03-13-2011, 01:36 PM
OH NO, !!! that will almost instantly start destroying rings pistons and whatever other widgets are using oil......

LOL, you will be fine. We are not expecting sub-zero weather till next year. Dont panic. I have 10w40 in the bitch right now and changed the oil in the ATV's back to 10w50 already.

LoL you actually made me jumpy hahaha and I know my oil damn your blank empty page haha! Good one! Made my day bruh Thanks!