PDA

View Full Version : JDM now?!!?

heyvortek
03-14-2011, 09:33 AM
i couldnt find any discussion on the earthquake in Japan. its terrible!!! jdm parts are expensive already. what now!?!? i know it didnt effect the entire country. please pray for the people in japan. any thoughts of this?

SkareKrow
03-14-2011, 09:38 AM
Yeah man. Me and my family been keeping good thoughts and prayers for everyone that went through that aswell as the families that lost lived ones.
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

carrito
03-14-2011, 09:51 AM
God bless Japan and all the ppl there!

obiDR
03-16-2011, 04:41 PM
their will be an influction of the prices of jdm parts due to the earthquake ... however I think itll only be for a while.... Japan is 1 of the 5 most powerfull contries in the world... so im sure theyll pull thru... and the most affected were rural towns... thatll make the recovery process easier....

Tnhatch03
03-16-2011, 04:43 PM
i wonder where Tragedy is?

x3thelast
03-16-2011, 05:23 PM
japan is one of the most crucial countries to our generation. CARS/ELECTRONICS... we'll be feeling the blow for a while im sure.

sleepy ep3
03-17-2011, 05:27 AM
Any parts you get are going to make you glow from the radiation

talonXracer
03-17-2011, 06:11 AM
JDM prices were so over inflated it wasnt funny as it was, this will now give importers the ultimate excuse for price gouging of the existing stock that is already stateside.

ep3jd
03-17-2011, 06:24 AM
And to think I sold my mint jdm bumpy for only $450 to drtzfinest only 2 months ago... Fuck

MugenReplica
03-17-2011, 06:38 AM
The yen has weakened, there are going to be TONS of wrecked JDM vehicles, and they're going to be desperate to get rid of the garbage/wrecks.

I don't see why prices would go up unless it has something to do with shipping scarcity or lack of shipping......if anything, they should go DOWN.

I mean the overinflated prices guys are charging for JDM parts are based on the yen being strong compared to our dollar, since it's depreciated slightly, shouldn't JDM parts as well?

ImportCustomx
03-17-2011, 06:43 AM
MugenReplica i agree..they are desperate for market stimulation...and getting rid of cars etc could definetly help. Now is the time to be a JDM Importer and capatalize (i know that sounds shitty) but you could have plenty of parts.

lets get through the crisis first and then worry about the cars. Those people are not out of the woods yet

talonXracer
03-17-2011, 06:43 AM
The yen has weakened, there are going to be TONS of wrecked JDM vehicles, and they're going to be desperate to get rid of the garbage/wrecks.

I don't see why prices would go up unless it has something to do with shipping scarcity or lack of shipping......if anything, they should go DOWN.

I mean the overinflated prices guys are charging for JDM parts are based on the yen being strong compared to our dollar, since it's depreciated slightly, shouldn't JDM parts as well?

That is if the economy actually worked on supply and demand, but alas it does not any longer. Remember that it is imperative that any crisis must be taken advantage of, thusly prices will only go up.

MugenReplica
03-17-2011, 06:53 AM
lets get through the crisis first and then worry about the cars. Those people are not out of the woods yet

Agreed. It's really sad (which is an understatement) to see essentially three disasters occur in the same area with each one worse than the last. I can't imagine how it would be to deal with an 9.0 earthquake, then a 28' tsunami, followed by possible nuclear fallout.

talonXracer
03-17-2011, 07:44 AM
As bad as it is, and due to it's severity, I have to ask myself WTF were the Japs thinking? designing the primary spent fuel rod pools as the roof of the containment vessels? No onsite diesel generators to produce electricity for the cooling pumps? All built on a known large fault line. Well we have our own govt to thank for this. The gen1 nuke power plants were known to have serious faults, but were pushed into useage anyways because the alternative would have bankrupted GE. At the time these plants were being built nothing occured in japan without US Govt approval.

Windchaser
03-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Agreed. It's really sad (which is an understatement) to see essentially three disasters occur in the same area with each one worse than the last. I can't imagine how it would be to deal with an 9.0 earthquake, then a 28' tsunami, followed by possible nuclear fallout.

The funny and sad part of that situation is that California is expecting an earthquake (estimated 9.5+ scale by CA geologic survey) of the same scale or greater proportions. California residents are already dealing with the radiation clouds coming over through the Pacific (followed by other NOx gases and isoprenes from China), which doesn't include all of the toxic/chemical waste sites produced by PG&E and their nuclear powerplants (by the way, there are 2 known powerplants sitting right at the projected epicenter in Kettleman city). If and when we experience a similar situation, I bet our citizens won't be as graceful as the Japanese (e.g. LA riots, Katrina). I have high respect for them and my friends over in Japan; so collective, graceful, and united.

Windchaser
03-19-2011, 03:25 PM
As bad as it is, and due to it's severity, I have to ask myself WTF were the Japs thinking? designing the primary spent fuel rod pools as the roof of the containment vessels? No onsite diesel generators to produce electricity for the cooling pumps? All built on a known large fault line. Well we have our own govt to thank for this. The gen1 nuke power plants were known to have serious faults, but were pushed into useage anyways because the alternative would have bankrupted GE. At the time these plants were being built nothing occured in japan without US Govt approval.

. . . and what makes it worst is that there are only 2 options to get the core to cool down or to prevent the other cores from exploding: releasing reactivity heat (radiation) through intervals above the tropospheres or find a way to get water into the cores.

vicx52o
03-21-2011, 10:07 AM
Check this out:
http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/13/world/asia/satellite-photos-japan-before-and-after-tsunami.html

On each picture you can move the cursor left and right. It shows you before and after images of the tsunami hitting a couple of the cities in Japan.