or should I get type-s stuff?

ep3jd
03-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Have you read the 5 lug swap sticky?

27rocks
03-14-2011, 02:31 PM

Obviously no lol.

They wont fit. The spindle on the Type-S is bigger then the stock Ep ones so yes you will need new knuckles.

akqowns
03-14-2011, 10:03 PM

yeah.. i ve been read about 5 lug swap / k20a2 swap for two weeks

I knew that type-s axle is bigger than our ep3's but why i'm asking is im planning to upgrade my brakes for my stock 4lugs but also planning to k20a2 swap maybe year later

so if I upgrade brakes for my 4 lugs, i should take em away when i swap the engine, i just wanted to make sure,

I'm sorry if i bothered you,

here is one more question..

i read some posts and i figured out that when we swap k20a2 engine to our ep's , axle is not necessary is that correct?

therefore i can keep my brakes, 4lug wheels after swap ?

27rocks
03-15-2011, 12:21 AM
yeah.. i ve been read about 5 lug swap / k20a2 swap for two weeks

I knew that type-s axle is bigger than our ep3's but why i'm asking is im planning to upgrade my brakes for my stock 4lugs but also planning to k20a2 swap maybe year later

so if I upgrade brakes for my 4 lugs, i should take em away when i swap the engine, i just wanted to make sure,

I'm sorry if i bothered you,

here is one more question..

i read some posts and i figured out that when we swap k20a2 engine to our ep's , axle is not necessary is that correct?

therefore i can keep my brakes, 4lug wheels after swap ?

Correct!! The inside of the axles (part that goes into the tranny and the half shaft) are all the same. Only the outer part (spindle) is larger and of course the axle shaft itself.

akqowns
03-15-2011, 12:30 AM
Correct!! The inside of the axles (part that goes into the tranny and the half shaft) are all the same. Only the outer part (spindle) is larger and of course the axle shaft itself.

good god, I knew someone already posted it can swap without axles but i need to make damn sure before buying brake setup !

Thank you so much !

talonXracer
03-15-2011, 12:19 PM
Yes you can keep all your present axle outwards when doing a K20a2 w/6spd swap. Dont get to stupid and the axles will last, but eventually they will go, and probably sooner than later(because who doesnt like to flog their bitch every now and then...LOL).

akqowns
03-15-2011, 09:41 PM
Yes you can keep all your present axle outwards when doing a K20a2 w/6spd swap. Dont get to stupid and the axles will last, but eventually they will go, and probably sooner than later(because who doesnt like to flog their bitch every now and then...LOL).

I'm sorry English is not my priority so i don't understand your last sentence
it seems like kinda joke tho -,.- are you saying i should change my axles while engine swap?

why i want to keep my knuckles is I just found the wheels (4 lugs) what i want, also the brakes,
If you meant change axles then i should change my plan lol

ep3jd
03-16-2011, 04:51 AM
The inbound on the axles is the same. So they will fit an rsx transmission and your current ep3 transmission. If you are swapping to 5 lug you need type s axles because the outbound spline is larger on the 5 lug.

If you plan to keep your 4 lug, why would you swap axles??

ep3jd
03-16-2011, 05:04 AM
And what he meant in the last sentence was that the axles will last unless you really beat the sit out of the car. That's all

27rocks
03-16-2011, 11:49 AM
And what he meant in the last sentence was that the axles will last unless you really beat the sit out of the car. That's all

Christian (Hondafreak) has a ITR swap with a blower putting down 272whp and stock Ep axles ( i even gave him my stock ones for spares). And if you've seen his car it's basically a racecar (well it is lol).