PDA

View Full Version : OE Fog Light installed!

LordKoo
12-22-2002, 10:26 AM
I have just installed my OE Fog light and security.
Security is easy, piece of cake but the OE foglight is a PIA.

Most concern issue with foglight installtion is the wriings... A bitch to route the wires in the limited space of the dashboard and front engine compartment. Expect to take longer than it should...

Another thing I must highlight is, if you plan to install a bigger horn in place the factory unit position. It probably won't fit because the foglights need that space...

labelhunter
12-22-2002, 11:09 AM
are the fog lights flush in the bottom grill. I am asking this because i plan on getting these but i bought one of the bottom grills from grill tech and im not sure if the fog lights will fit behind. If its not flush it wont work. Thanks ow and congrads on your new alarm and fog lights

Surprise
12-22-2002, 06:14 PM
How long did was the install for the foglights? Did you have to remove the bumper? Thanks:)

LordKoo
12-23-2002, 01:45 PM
are the fog lights flush in the bottom grill.

No it does not... The foglights are flush with the exterior shape of the bumper not with the bumper grille.

How long did was the install for the foglights? Did you have to remove the bumper?

Took me awhile because I took my time to do the wiring right... Then considerable time in carefully cutting out the holes for the foglights. I think about 6-7hours including installing the factory security system.

Yes, you *definitely* have to remove the bumper to cut holes.