PDA

View Full Version : Best/cheapest NA swap?

tht1guy
03-15-2011, 09:28 AM
What is the best swap to do to stay NA im only looking to be around 230-250 whp. I was looking at the accord swap if I did a frank swap with an k20a2 head would I be close? And what's the best route expense wise?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bolaep3
03-15-2011, 09:38 AM
What is the best swap to do to stay NA im only looking to be around 230-250 whp. I was looking at the accord swap if I did a frank swap with an k20a2 head would I be close? And what's the best route expense wise?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

I've been researching the same thing as you. Something I can daily drive and have 230-240whp. What I have come up with would be a TSX engine. Its cheaper than an type-s and gives you more tq for the heavy ep3 chassis. Then engine should cost you anywhere from 1500 to 2200. You can keep your stock transmission. The only thing that would be good to change is the clutch because of the added tq.

K24a2 with (I.H.E) 3 inch and kpro. The only other thing you want to add is a k20a2 oil pan and oil pump so you can rev up to 7500 rpm safely. You should make about 210ishwhp with this setup.

If you want more then I would consider FI or Nos. One more route would be to build the TSX head with cams, valve train, intake manifold, fuel pump, and injectors. Which is what I'm planning on doing. That should get you at about 250whp/200lbstq.

check this build thread
http://k20a.org/forum/showthread.php?t=71489

talonXracer
03-15-2011, 09:49 AM
Your power goals are not attainable with a simple swap. You are going to need Kpro, so dont forget that cost in your budget. Remember that an accord engine will require new pistons to install a A2 head. Dont forget the topend header and exhaust. Trying to get NA whp is costly, time consuming and finicky compared to boost

By far the easiest swap is the K20A2 with it's stock ECU and basically stockish periphials and the most powerfull is a K24A2 with Kpro and bolt-ons.

MugenReplica
03-15-2011, 10:05 AM
J swap would get you there, but good luck getting that to work......