PDA

View Full Version : not gettin the SI after all

STP03BlueSI
12-22-2002, 11:55 AM
Well went to the local Honda dealership to get the SI last week. and well they can only give me a loan of 9,000$..oh great.

Well this week me and my girl went out to find another car, first VW..to pricy. Ford..not goin there again. Dodge..dont like them. Then Nissan...ok. Well they have the SE-R Spec V, 16,559!!!! 6 speed trans, 175hp and a crap more features. I took it for a spin loads of fun(not as much fun as the SI). Well get back to the dealership find out what colors, options and so on.

Me and my girl get back in to my old crappy saturn and start to talk, she really likes it(all girls think cars are nifty). and its a 4 door so my insurance wont rape me.

Working for a dealership does have options!!! Lokey (who i work for at Saturn) Owns a Nissan so i get a nice big discount on that car.....well long and behold...i ordered a nissan Se-R Spec V they are gettin 2 colors in Red and blue.

I would still like to post and stay with this site if that is ok! you guys know alot about the EP(more than i did before), and i want to thank everyone for not being a Internet hard ass. THANKS EPHATCH.COM!!! I will miss the SI:'(

George Knighton
12-22-2002, 12:37 PM
Did you discuss any alternatives with the Honda dealer's business manager?

Just because they'd only lend you $9000 @ 4.9% doesn't mean they wouldn't lend you $14,000 @ 8.5% !

Did you report all your income? Bonuses? Stock options?

Are you a young person living at home? When you report your mortgage or rent, they are assuming that you're paying things like electric bills, property insurance, and telephone bills. If you're not paying these things, it could make a difference.

Jpax
12-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by George Knighton
Did you discuss any alternatives with the Honda dealer's business manager?

Just because they'd only lend you $9000 @ 4.9% doesn't mean they wouldn't lend you $14,000 @ 8.5% !

Did you report all your income? Bonuses? Stock options?

Are you a young person living at home? When you report your mortgage or rent, they are assuming that you're paying things like electric bills, property insurance, and telephone bills. If you're not paying these things, it could make a difference.

:eek:

IceD out N CALI
12-22-2002, 01:17 PM
good luck with the spec V:)

ULTRAMANIA
12-22-2002, 02:31 PM
i was to about to get the spec v.. but i'm more of a honda man myself and of course there were more other reasons but.. hey.. good luck on the spec v... hope you like it...

SubliminalSi
12-22-2002, 02:54 PM
Well theres nothing worng with Nissans, its a good 2nd place. But no, you cant post here anymore..j/k;)

Suk02Si
12-22-2002, 04:36 PM
what's the redline on the spec v? I raced one a couple times the other night (and won:D ) he was shifting like a crazed leprechaun.

SE-R: waah*shift*waaaah*shift*waaaaah*crunch, crunch, shi-crunch, shift*waaaaaah
Me :waaaAAAh!!!*shift*waaAAAAAAAAAh*shift* waaaaaaAAAAAAhh*shift*

:D :D

they're good cars though, I wouldn't mind having a Nissan. Although I'd rather build up a 240(dOriftO!!), the SE-R is a great car.

George Knighton
12-22-2002, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Suk02Si
I wouldn't mind having a Nissan....the SE-R is a great car.

In a real race, the SE-R would have a little advantage in its LSD.

It's not the best design, being the old Nissan viscous design, but it's still better than nothing.

ep pilot
12-22-2002, 06:56 PM
I too had been looking for an SE-R spec V I thought the car was an exceptional value when originally introduced. The Si had not been imported to our shores at that time and an EX Civic coupe was just to middle of the road for my taste albeit a fantastic mode of transportation. Being in the collision repair industry, I thought the factory paint on the Sentra was asinine for such a premium, the trunk jambs and underneath the hood and fender wells looks incomplete.

If you have ever seen the front end of a Sentra disassembled, you would be shocked they can sell this vehicle. The upper radiator supports are paper-thin and the lower frame rails and torque box assy is as ridged as liquid noodles, I

!@#$%
12-22-2002, 07:30 PM
congrats on the spec v. sweet car. at least u didnt get an svt j/k ;)

civic hatch boi
12-22-2002, 07:31 PM
16559?? the latest person that bought the Si got it for 14500

HondaMan
12-22-2002, 08:24 PM
Good luck with the Spec-V!

golferjn
12-22-2002, 11:15 PM
have fun with the spec v

napapacoda
12-22-2002, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by civic hatch boi
16559?? the latest person that bought the Si got it for 14500

Turns out he bought a vehicle from the dealership that had it returned from someone who didnt make his monthly payments. Still a great deal and I would have done the same thing, but not 100% new.

If anyone else knows of a great deal on this car or if theres a section of the forum where everyone discusses the price they paid and at what dealership, let me know. I can't get a dealership in the North East lower than $15,300. I figure its december, probably one of the worst months for the dealers so I could get a better deal, but even at that price it is a great deal in my eyes.

LordKoo
12-23-2002, 01:34 PM
You know... Hate to spill cold blanket on you...

I am four time Nissan owners of SERs of the past and last Nissan was an Infinit G20T. Nissans are not as reliable as Honda.. By 60k miles, your alternator is going to fail.. By 100K miles, your starter is going to fail... And by the time your Spec V reaches 5 years old, it will fetch a fraction of what Si will!

That is why Nissan cars do look like a better deal because the cars do not hold itself together well and resale price also.

I wish you good luck...

STP03BlueSI
12-23-2002, 09:53 PM
thanks for all the support...and well now i guess i have to learn the Nissan engine(since i have spent the past 2 months learing the SI engine:( ) but hey its all good right?:'(

IceD out N CALI
12-23-2002, 09:56 PM
if you get a chance, post a few pics of ur new spec v:)