PDA

View Full Version : Question about Metra Dash kit

Jukka
03-15-2011, 06:05 PM
Got a quick question about installing a metra dash kit. I just got one to replace my partial kit I got with the car. Anyways, I went to install my new one today, but I'm a bit confused. Do I install my head unit using the din cage? or the ISO adaptors that screw into the side of the headunit and click into place?? Or neither of them and just screw the oem supports into the headunit and let everything just sit in place??

I'm just confused because I can't figure out how the headunit is going to be supported by using the cage or the ISO adaptors, it just seems like it would be flimsy/would be able to just pull out of the dash easily.

Any ideas? Pics of your install would be appriciated as well.

Mighty_Mouse_Ep
03-16-2011, 01:12 AM
When i had my single din unit in i mounted it using the DIN cage, and the metra kit.

Jukka
03-16-2011, 08:09 AM
EDIT: NVM, I figured it out...ended up callin Metra, tried using both the ISO brackets and DIN cage, but neither really worked...so I ended up using a combination of the ISO brackets and a hold down strap...lol. Its semi-unprofessional, but it works. But at the same time, the guys at metra weren't helpful and ended up just blaming me for everything...awesome customer service.