PDA

View Full Version : tokico d spec on ep?

eptwah
03-16-2011, 09:09 AM
Has anyone used these?

I have skunk 2 coilover sleeves. Was wondering how this setup would be.

johnnydanger
03-16-2011, 11:13 AM
bro i've had d-specs and g/c sleeved coilovers on my car since 96 and i'm just getting ready to swap them out. d-specs are very nice struts... mine aren't blown or anything, but just getting worn...

eptwah
03-16-2011, 11:24 AM
bro i've had d-specs and g/c sleeved coilovers on my car since 96 and i'm just getting ready to swap them out. d-specs are very nice struts... mine aren't blown or anything, but just getting worn...

glad to hear. im looking into coilovers. am i better of with coilovers or could i get the same result with the d specs?

rmdolatre
03-16-2011, 10:22 PM
ive had my dspecs (matched with h&r race springs) for nearly 40k miles and if this were a year ago, i would say that they are by far a great investment if your sticking with springs or coilover sleeves.

back when i bought the dspecs, racelands were not out yet. it looks like everyone is a happy owner of the racelands so i would save your money and go for them. you'll get height adjustability and a shock that matches the spring rates all in one. just my .02

also, fwiw, skunk2 sleeves do not fit over the front dspec shocks. i learned this from experience 2 weeks ago. the sleeve has a smaller diameter versus the dspec and won't fit around the shock body.

udontknowjack
03-16-2011, 10:37 PM
glad to hear. im looking into coilovers. am i better of with coilovers or could i get the same result with the d specs?

what result r u trying to get? slammed? super handle? corner weight?

btw i have a set of light used tokico d spec shocks for sale.....less than 5000 miles on them...

eptwah
03-17-2011, 01:21 AM
looking for performance more than anything.

eptwah
03-17-2011, 01:22 AM
ive had my dspecs (matched with h&r race springs) for nearly 40k miles and if this were a year ago, i would say that they are by far a great investment if your sticking with springs or coilover sleeves.

back when i bought the dspecs, racelands were not out yet. it looks like everyone is a happy owner of the racelands so i would save your money and go for them. you'll get height adjustability and a shock that matches the spring rates all in one. just my .02

also, fwiw, skunk2 sleeves do not fit over the front dspec shocks. i learned this from experience 2 weeks ago. the sleeve has a smaller diameter versus the dspec and won't fit around the shock body.
I appreciate the heads up man. good info!

udontknowjack
03-17-2011, 08:53 AM

I don't have personal exp with skunk2 coilover sleeve... But I heard nothing but bad review... You'll be better off with tokico d spec over skunk2 sleeve

Great upgrade over oem n ride just like oem

rmdolatre
03-21-2011, 10:06 AM

if you're looking for performance more than anything, than i would stay away from the racelands and go with a solid setup of ground controls coilover sleeves with koni yellow shocks/struts (they both make custom spring rates/dampening rates to fit your ideal setup)....or if you're not sure what type of setup you're looking for, then go with teins, d2s, megan racing, buddy club full coilovers.