PDA

View Full Version : buddy club coilovers

blackcivic11
03-16-2011, 11:42 AM
I've read greath things about the buddy club coilovers but one question I've been asking myself. When everyone is vouching for BD, are they talking about the N+ or the racing spec dampers?

Are the N+ still a great coilover and do they go low?
I'd also like to know if they're camber adjustable with the pillowball mounts.

udontknowjack
03-17-2011, 08:38 AM
I've read greath things about the buddy club coilovers but one question I've been asking myself. When everyone is vouching for BD, are they talking about the N+ or the racing spec dampers?

Are the N+ still a great coilover and do they go low?
I'd also like to know if they're camber adjustable with the pillowball mounts.

I might be wrong but I believe only rsd come with camber plate

blackcivic11
03-20-2011, 06:30 PM
Anyone else?

27rocks
03-20-2011, 07:46 PM
I might be wrong but I believe only rsd come with camber plate

Correct. The N+ dont come with camber plates.

civictype_r04
03-20-2011, 08:18 PM
The N+ don't but the RSD do..... Also they are awesome coilovers the only thing I didn;t like when I had mine was the fact the adjusters were on the bottom in all weather!!!!!

27rocks
03-20-2011, 08:23 PM
The N+ don't but the RSD do..... Also they are awesome coilovers the only thing I didn;t like when I had mine was the fact the adjusters were on the bottom in all weather!!!!!

Also the rears on the N+ are not a true coilover. In order to lower the car you have to lower the spring so you loose strut stroke. Where as with true coilovers you lower the strut into a sleeve and maintain full stroke of the strut at any height.

And with our struts already being extremely short to begin with going any lower will basically put you on bump stops. That's why i laugh at the people that slam their Ep's. Little do they know but they have basically about .5 in of travel left if not less which = really shitty handling.

udontknowjack
03-20-2011, 08:47 PM

+1 have to keep a jack around during autox run if i want to adjust the front....

civictype_r04
03-20-2011, 08:53 PM
Also the rears on the N+ are not a true coilover. In order to lower the car you have to lower the spring so you loose strut stroke. Where as with true coilovers you lower the strut into a sleeve and maintain full stroke of the strut at any height.

And with our struts already being extremely short to begin with going any lower will basically put you on bump stops. That's why i laugh at the people that slam their Ep's. Little do they know but they have basically about .5 in of travel left if not less which = really shitty handling.

No that would be incorrect the rears lower on the inside and the spring keeps a preload I was tucking in the back with the correct preload!!!

This is how you set the height...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3097/img16878ul.jpg

This is how you set the preload...

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1975/img16903ov.jpg

eptwah
03-21-2011, 01:38 AM
Buddy clubs go pretty low. the ride quality is pretty decent too if you daily your car. I ride n+ and I am loving them. I autox with them and they adjust pretty stiff if you needed them to be stiff. Camber plates would be nice but for $500 cheaper I think I can live

27rocks
03-21-2011, 02:36 AM
No that would be incorrect the rears lower on the inside and the spring keeps a preload I was tucking in the back with the correct preload!!!

This is how you set the height...

http://img441.imageshack.us/img441/3097/img16878ul.jpg

This is how you set the preload...

http://img92.imageshack.us/img92/1975/img16903ov.jpg
Oh my bad! I always assumed they weren't adjustable like that. But after seeing how they do work I must say Its a really dumb design. It must be a bitch to get the ride height set. You basically have to take the entire unit off.

civictype_r04
03-21-2011, 03:51 AM
Oh my bad! I always assumed they weren't adjustable like that. But after seeing how they do work I must say Its a really dumb design. It must be a bitch to get the ride height set. You basically have to take the entire unit off.

Yea that's why I took mine off and got megans!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ep3jd
03-21-2011, 04:44 AM
But the megans don't that low. 9am you post some pics of your megans and ride height? Maybe my preload was messed with I don't know but I couldn't even tuck tire with them on 225/45-17 :/

civictype_r04
03-21-2011, 06:49 AM
But the megans don't that low. 9am you post some pics of your megans and ride height? Maybe my preload was messed with I don't know but I couldn't even tuck tire with them on 225/45-17 :/

I tuck all around..... It's sleeting here so no pics today!

blackcivic11
03-21-2011, 07:47 AM
so the Racing spec coilovers are worth the extra 400$? or do they adjust in the rear like the N+?

civictype_r04
03-21-2011, 10:04 AM
so the Racing spec coilovers are worth the extra 400$? or do they adjust in the rear like the N+?

They are the better.... And they adjust the same on both!!

blackcivic11
03-21-2011, 10:47 AM
that is a really stupid way to adjust... lol I wouldn't have to constantly remove them and install when changing the ride height... anyone have any other recommendations coilover wise?

anyone heard of racing logic coilovers? thoughts/opinions?

27rocks
03-21-2011, 11:42 AM
that is a really stupid way to adjust... lol I wouldn't have to constantly remove them and install when changing the ride height... anyone have any other recommendations coilover wise?

anyone heard of racing logic coilovers? thoughts/opinions?

Well the good thing is, is when you finally get it to where you want it to be you just leave it. It's just a bit of a mission to get there lol. And it's only the rear wihch is like 1000x easier to remove and work on then the front. The fronts are like regular coilovers.

civictype_r04
03-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Well the good thing is, is when you finally get it to where you want it to be you just leave it. It's just a bit of a mission to get there lol. And it's only the rear wihch is like 1000x easier to remove and work on then the front. The fronts are like regular coilovers.

Yup!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk