PDA

View Full Version : Help! Stearing problem

Pandamanda22
03-17-2011, 06:11 AM
Today I was driving home and I made a left, the car slipped, it under-steered and then bam I went over the median. I got out of the car and checked it, and everything looked fine. The median was not very high and my car is not too low so all that hit was pretty much my tire. It was actually a pretty hard hit, but when I started to drive off my steering wheel was slightly turned to the left while I was going forward. So I decided to let go of the wheel and see if it got unaligned, and at around 40mph it seemed to go straight though the wheel was slightly turned to the left. When I got on the highway though at around 80mph it would go to the right a bit. There are no cracks or noises when I turn the wheel all the way in either direction and there are no odd noises period. I don't know if I should get her aligned asap or if I should just wait until I change my tires and all that in a couple months. Help :mcry:

ep3jd
03-17-2011, 06:19 AM
Sounds like you whacked it out of alignment. Just take it to a shop for an alignment and brief look over and you should be good to go

talonXracer
03-17-2011, 06:49 AM
I highly doubt the actual alignment was messed with, but that you bent either the knuckle or the LCA. I recently had to cruise three different salvage yards looking for either a EP3 or base RSX with a unbent knuckle every car had a slightly screwed up knuckle/balljoint. What gets bent is the lightweight arm/pad that the lower ball joint is inserted into.

Pandamanda22
03-17-2011, 07:12 AM
I dont understand how the ball joint on one side of my car would affect my steering wheel. But I think the ball joint could be the reason I am veering towards the right. Possibly because the right wheel is the one that hit the median. Still wondering about my steering wheel though.

SkareKrow
03-19-2011, 02:29 AM
I dont understand how the ball joint on one side of my car would affect my steering wheel. But I think the ball joint could be the reason I am veering towards the right. Possibly because the right wheel is the one that hit the median. Still wondering about my steering wheel though.
I agree with talonxracer.

Just take to a shop to get a look at it man. Sorry to hear that it happened to you! :(