PDA

View Full Version : Steering Wheel H Replacement

Postman158
03-19-2011, 05:59 PM
So the person who owned my ep3 before me tried to pry off the Honda H on the steering wheel.. i guess. Theres dents all around it as if they failed and failed. I bought the vinyl red H to lay over from Corsport, and it fits, but doesn't sit right. Is there a way I can replace just the H:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/Postman158/DSCF0023.jpg

or do I have to replace the entire airbag section:
http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/Postman158/DSCF0022.jpg

Thanks

Postman

Jukka
03-19-2011, 06:35 PM
buy a new airbag...only other option

Postman158
03-19-2011, 10:34 PM
That blows. I guess I'll just have to leave it, unless anyone has any crazy tricks up their sleeve they'd like to share..

krod
03-20-2011, 05:51 AM
I have the same issue my H has about 4 dents in it where it looks like someone punched it or something thought about just replacing the steering wheel all together.

EDU
03-20-2011, 07:31 PM
when you buy a new (RED aftermarket) one do you just glue it on top of the oem black one?
or do you actually remove the oem? (talking about just the "H" symbol)

27rocks
03-20-2011, 08:17 PM
lolz at the previous owner for being a noob!!! As far as the H goes you will have to replace the entire airbag. Those things don't come off (obviously from proof of pics above). I know it sucks but that's the only way.

And for someone asking about the red part.. it's just a vinyl sticker you stick on top of the original black part of the badge. The badge itself doesn't come off or gets replaced.

Postman158
03-20-2011, 08:58 PM
lolz at the previous owner for being a noob!!! As far as the H goes you will have to replace the entire airbag. Those things don't come off (obviously from proof of pics above). I know it sucks but that's the only way.

And for someone asking about the red part.. it's just a vinyl sticker you stick on top of the original black part of the badge. The badge itself doesn't come off or gets replaced.

Haha yeah, what a nub. Anyways, I guess i have to leave it ghetto. I priced out the airbag unit from some honda factory websites and i'd rather spend that money on a wing or sumfin.. ya know?

27rocks
03-20-2011, 09:02 PM
Haha yeah, what a nub. Anyways, I guess i have to leave it ghetto. I priced out the airbag unit from some honda factory websites and i'd rather spend that money on a wing or sumfin.. ya know?

Word!! No one will even notice except the driver so it's not a big deal.

I noticed you live in Manteca. You ever hit up the BMX track out there?

Postman158
03-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Word!! No one will even notice except the driver so it's not a big deal.

I noticed you live in Manteca. You ever hit up the BMX track out there?

No sir, but my brother has.... like once haha. I drive by it often, cause I post back there when i'm on the ambulance sometimes. It looks pretty sick though. I am a fixie rider, however :)