PDA

View Full Version : Driving around with no specific destination. :-)

DRP967
03-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Do any of you guys and gals drive around with no specific destination? Just for the sake of driving...to cruise the streets and highways and anything in between. My 2005 EP3 has over 160K miles...most of that is cruising miles. I just love driving, windows down or up, music playing, hands on the wheels & shifter, kicks on the pedals...feels like home away from home. So who else drives around for fun? Some of my friends think im nuts...for example ill drive 40 miles just to cop some bahn kep (Vietnamese green waffles). Or I will drive 30 miles to Santana Row (SF Bay Area's version of L.A.'s Rodeo Drive) just to check out the scene then head back home. Sometimes ill drive up to San Francisco and just drive around the city without even stopping to eat/shop, then head back home.

RedSiBaron
03-19-2011, 08:34 PM
dude i hear ya there, i used to do it all the time when i had a job...when i lived in philly i was all alone, so id just go drive and get lost to learn my way around then fire up the verizon navigation to get me home...which was good, cuz it would show me the fast routes...really helped me learn my way around...plus it was just good to get out and drive since my daily commute to k'nex (i was designing k'nex toys, so cool) was only like 10minutes...

also in school, when i had long weeks and id been up working 18-24hrs a day on school work, id just go drive for an hour in a big loop around cincinnati to clear my head...nothing like the sound of a mugen twin loop to calm you down.

i hear you. its good...

right now that it sucks, i just cant afford the gas, not that i actually think gas prices are a problem, its just, you know, no job...

rjmq06
03-20-2011, 12:15 AM
i lived in LA and i used to drive alone whenever i feel like it or feeling down
and also do canyon run by myself or city driving in hollywood but after the fucking gas prices went to $4 bucks it forced me to stop for awhile LOL
but driving my ep3 alone at night makes me feel closer to him like "bonding"

SkareKrow
03-20-2011, 12:28 AM
I feel all of you on this. I love cruising through the Carbon Canyon out here in Chino Hills or even the Cajalco Road through my area in La Sierra! Good stuff. Driving is the best I have driven so much I probably drive a good 40K miles every year on my ep! :smile: Good times! I would have orgasamed listening and driving to that Mugen Twin Loop LoL! :cclap: very nice!

talonXracer
03-20-2011, 06:59 AM
I go out all the time just to drive around. Get pulled over while joy riding and state you are just out driving around for fun and the cops get all wiggy, I have even had a trooper tell me that it was wrong to just drive around for fun, that vehicles should be used for transportation and not for recreation.

civictype_r04
03-20-2011, 07:21 AM
dude i hear ya there, i used to do it all the time when i had a job...when i lived in philly i was all alone, so id just go drive and get lost to learn my way around then fire up the verizon navigation to get me home...which was good, cuz it would show me the fast routes...really helped me learn my way around...plus it was just good to get out and drive since my daily commute to k'nex (i was designing k'nex toys, so cool) was only like 10minutes...

also in school, when i had long weeks and id been up working 18-24hrs a day on school work, id just go drive for an hour in a big loop around cincinnati to clear my head...nothing like the sound of a mugen twin loop to calm you down.

i hear you. its good...

right now that it sucks, i just cant afford the gas, not that i actually think gas prices are a problem, its just, you know, no job...

I live like 10 mins from the k'nex building!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

civictype_r04
03-20-2011, 07:22 AM
I go out all the time just to drive around. Get pulled over while joy riding and state you are just out driving around for fun and the cops get all wiggy, I have even had a trooper tell me that it was wrong to just drive around for fun, that vehicles should be used for transportation and not for recreation.

And yet that's all cops do day and night is drive around for hours!!

RHDmeatwagon
03-20-2011, 07:23 AM
Yup its so nice. especially when you have had winter this whole time and it starts to get nice out again just to have the windows down and take on some back roads.

My friends and I have the same route through the city, southside, and back through mt washington. Its a nice drive.

i lived in LA and i used to drive alone whenever i feel like it or feeling down
and also do canyon run by myself or city driving in hollywood but after the fucking gas prices went to $4 bucks it forced me to stop for awhile LOL
but driving my ep3 alone at night makes me feel closer to him like "bonding"

You call your ep a Him? I refer to mine as a girl and everyone makes fun of me cause Im a girl haha

RHCP0801
03-20-2011, 07:46 AM
i would if gas prices werent over $4 a gallon, back when i was high school and gas was cheap i would but i didnt have the ep lol

talonXracer
03-20-2011, 08:03 AM
I remember when gas cost 26 cents a gallon for my mini-bike, but that was back before man ever stepped foot on the moon................

Postman158
03-20-2011, 09:41 AM
Do any of you guys and gals drive around with no specific destination? Just for the sake of driving...to cruise the streets and highways and anything in between. My 2005 EP3 has over 160K miles...most of that is cruising miles. I just love driving, windows down or up, music playing, hands on the wheels & shifter, kicks on the pedals...feels like home away from home. So who else drives around for fun? Some of my friends think im nuts...for example ill drive 40 miles just to cop some bahn kep (Vietnamese green waffles). Or I will drive 30 miles to Santana Row (SF Bay Area's version of L.A.'s Rodeo Drive) just to check out the scene then head back home. Sometimes ill drive up to San Francisco and just drive around the city without even stopping to eat/shop, then head back home.

I feel ya. Nothin like a nice peaceful cruise. Too bad gas is destroying the peacefulness... I look out my rear view mirror and see dollar signs flying out my exhaust, its weird. lol

RedSiBaron
03-20-2011, 10:01 AM
I live like 10 mins from the k'nex building!

oh rly!? in hatfield or...?

i wish the job had paid better, id totally live in that area...when i was there one of the designers had been there a year and he was leaving because he couldnt afford to make so little (i think he was making like 25-30k) average starting price for an industrial designer out of school is like 40k

I remember when gas cost 26 cents a gallon for my mini-bike, but that was back before man ever stepped foot on the moon................

shit i just remember when it was right at or under $1...i could fill up my 86si for $10...actually id usually just need $5 in gas a week, so id keep the tank at half or lower to keep the weight down, made the car faster...god i miss that car, ran 15s, weighed 1600lbs and got mid 30s mpg while hot rodding it around town, 40mpg on the highway... :mfrown: now the shell just sits and taunts me under a tarp

SkareKrow
03-20-2011, 11:23 AM

lol at this. I dont do anything and i get pulled over. lol specially when i am following all the road rules... cali sucks with cops lol. oh well. Joy Riding is the best.
Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

civictype_r04
03-20-2011, 11:30 AM
oh rly!? in hatfield or...?

i wish the job had paid better, id totally live in that area...when i was there one of the designers had been there a year and he was leaving because he couldnt afford to make so little (i think he was making like 25-30k) average starting price for an industrial designer out of school is like 40k

Yup I use to see your Ep3 around with the black Type S wheels in lansdale and on 309!!!!!

RedSiBaron
03-20-2011, 12:17 PM
Yup I use to see your Ep3 around with the black Type S wheels in lansdale and on 309!!!!!

HAHA then why the hell did i never meet you!?

eptwah
03-20-2011, 02:34 PM
I love cruisin! Me and the buddies do the interstate loop here in memphis probably once a week just to cruise. The backroads here are fun too! Im glad its spring now and it feels amazing outside. windows down music up. and let your car get you lost haha.

j0000stin
03-20-2011, 03:11 PM
drove to la with friends for no reason last spring. i sometimes drive to firsco which is a 2 and a half hr drive from sac just for clam chowder on the pier haha

RedSiBaron
03-20-2011, 03:33 PM
drove to la with friends for no reason last spring. i sometimes drive to firsco which is a 2 and a half hr drive from sac just for clam chowder on the pier haha

Haha, awesome, that sounds familiar. When I was living in providence, I once drove out to the cape just for fresh chowda

Tortoise
03-20-2011, 04:04 PM

Almost evertime i get pulled over im out just cruising around. The cops always finnd it so shady lol. Cops have told me to go home tooo just for crusing around. cops have gotten bad about modded cars just cruising around here lately since one of my idiot buddies ran from police up a residential street up to 130 in a 35 and crashed into a fire hydrant(which flew and shattered a bystanders pelvis) then a telephone pole, and then into a local bar. Killed the passenger who was a single father of two little girls.But i do love cruisin on a nice day windows down with some music. Then hit some twisties...music off:)

talonXracer
03-20-2011, 04:51 PM
It is a two hour minimum round trip for me to get to anywheres to begin with!

j0000stin
03-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Haha, awesome, that sounds familiar. When I was living in providence, I once drove out to the cape just for fresh chowda

has to be in a sourdough bowl or im not buyin it haha

Kerby
03-20-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm guilty of this too. I just like driving when in the EP3.
I literally get lost intentionally to find different routes.

bonSaI
03-20-2011, 07:57 PM
wow. i used to do this all the time... spend about 7-8 hours just driving around. ive ended up like 150 miles from my house saying to myself or friends where are we/am i? i live in southern cali and i pretty much know every city down here and where its located on a map even tho ive only been to 1/4 of the cities. but without nav i always seem to find my way back. this was back when i had a gen2 Scion Xb. had that thing slammed on coils, konig 18". Black cherry on black with limo all around. shit load of engine mods. i put 45k on it in less than a year and i didnt even have a job. i had just quit my job when i bought the car and had a shit load of money to give away. me and friends had a few run ins with cops on the pch. yaknow doing what kids do being 2 years out of highschool. so we had the box boxxed and cops pull up we lower the windows and the box is leaving the car into the cops face. full moon so its like a fog machine leaving the car. the cop looks at me and my 2 friends and says " you cant be here" then walks away. i guess there was signs posted that your not allowed to park after 9pm or something and it was like 2am. plunty of other weird and funny things happened with me in that car... me and my friends actually got this idea to cruise the twisties with the cruise control set to see what the xb can do. well this canyon that i know really well has multiple back to back 25mph sudgested speed turns with a few 45s for about 30 miles. well we set that Sh!t at 60 at the begining and just "cruised". never touched the brakes or shifter, nor was i even making the tires squeel. this is without crossing too. im against people that cross... i call it flossing... i know flossing is also known for showing off. which is more of what i do... but when your flossing your using the whole road. IMO. anyways the gen 2 Xb is very underestimated at its handling capabilities. we have a bunch of people with 400+ hp Subi stis where i live and sure on straight line they pulled on me but we would hit canyons and they couldnt shake me if i was behind them. but if i was in front 8 tuens and their headlights would be gone.

so since i got a ep3 havent really done anything too fun. its still stock. i got the car for free, but i had spent $5500 putting a new k20 in it so ive been low on money. for a stock car with 185s i do not like the car.. it seems pretty quick, but the handling isnt very good sh!t ton of body lean, always seems like your going to loose control of it. its got un oredictable overstear and understeer is annoying how bad it is. just on 70-90mph sweapers it wont start pushing, but the back end out of no where will just let go. very uneasy feeling when that happens. i cant even get close to doubling sudgesting speeds in turns with it. so for now i drive the canyons, but i go normal speeds or slightly higher just to drive and have fun. plus, so i dont forget the roads. i try to drive every canyon around my house atleast once a week still. i have about 11 different canyons going different directions. one is rough and not fun anymore since it needs a repave. but all the others are maintained well. we got great uphill roads, downhill runs, we got 1500 elevation changes. we got some with jumps/rollers. we got switchbacks w/ ebrake hairpins, we got skid pads on top of mountains that overlook the whole valley. we got everything. the begining of each canyon are all within 8 miles of my house too. the ep3 is still a 4x4 so im getting some money together to put it on some teins and put some 16s on it. full bracing, and moving the seats back until i have a 50/50 weight distribution. im 6'4" so i dont have to move the pedals. i can move the seats until they touch the back seats and still have my legs bent. i will have to extend the steering wheel back so i can reach it because you want your arms bent, not straight out.

i know im just rambling, but its raining pretty hard right now. and as bad as i want to go for a drive right now, i cant. so ill just talk about it..

Silvercard
03-20-2011, 08:31 PM
One reason I like my ep. Such a good car to cruise around for the heck of it. Gas prices rocketing but driving at night with the windows down and just driving calm. I get rid of my stress checking the scenery in Downtown Phoenix. Gotta love the ep!

rjmq06
03-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Yup its so nice. especially when you have had winter this whole time and it starts to get nice out again just to have the windows down and take on some back roads.

My friends and I have the same route through the city, southside, and back through mt washington. Its a nice drive.

You call your ep a Him? I refer to mine as a girl and everyone makes fun of me cause Im a girl haha

lol yeah i think i made a mistake calling my EP "him" its actually a girl
it should be opposite it think LOL

talonXracer
03-21-2011, 04:39 PM
Nothing better than kicking the cruise on, crank the tunes, mix a cocktail, light up a doobie and just cruise around................LOL

Just mix in a loaded shotgun and you have redneck heaven on earth.....!

RHDmeatwagon
03-21-2011, 05:06 PM
Giant Eagle fuel perks FTW!

ep3jd
03-21-2011, 08:33 PM

http://images1.memegenerator.net/ImageMacro/6377122/SHUT-UP-DUDE-NO-ONE-GIVES-A-FUCK.jpg?imageSize=Medium&generatorName=Ceiling-Cat

jk i love aimless driving lol. welcome to my sundays when i'm not doing construction. :thumbu:

Babylegg03si
03-21-2011, 09:39 PM
I find myself doing this a lot. When I first got my EP, I drove the wheels off of it. I used to drive all around the city from one side to the other. Now, whenever the missus wants a late night snack I tend to volunteer myself just so I can go out and drive a bit before bed. Hell, even on my days off, I go and drive down my favorite country roads just for shits and giggles. I find driving somewhat therapeutic (weird I know).

rjmq06
03-22-2011, 03:23 AM
I find driving somewhat therapeutic (weird I know).

http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu47/rjmq06/index.jpg
just like weed
LOL

ImportCustomx
03-22-2011, 06:23 AM
I also am a fan of driving the ep3...its so nice. Even the factory purr in 2nd...at like 2500...just cruise and hear that deep factory tone..then slowly get on it and hear it pep up...then around 5grand hear that beautiful music and then tap it into 3rd and just slip in through a turn and cut it up.

Tokin_Buds
03-22-2011, 07:45 AM
I cruise and cruise everyday..it is one of the most relaxing experiences I know how to do, I remember driving threw the woods in Wisconsin in the perfectly paved roads in Fall in a 08 S2000 seeing all the orange and red leafs on the trees and having them blow across the street while coming up onto steep and tight turns going all out, it was bliss.. I think in my old age I will move to the place with the best driving area and just cruise everyday.

Ep3crazy
03-22-2011, 08:26 AM
I also am a fan of driving the ep3...its so nice. Even the factory purr in 2nd...at like 2500...just cruise and hear that deep factory tone..then slowly get on it and hear it pep up...then around 5grand hear that beautiful music and then tap it into 3rd and just slip in through a turn and cut it up.

Damn i knw exactly wat u mean i use to live in norcal drive thru the santa cruz forest the redwood forest on virgin roads.... Its like harmony nd i dnt have,that stock sound but the skunk 2 mega
Power sounds nice echos thru the whole damn woods lol

Ep3crazy
03-22-2011, 08:27 AM
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu47/rjmq06/index.jpg
just like weed
LOL

Hahaha i feel you bruuh!!! Juuuust like it