PDA

View Full Version : RSX Type S motor pricing???

Pradamuimui
12-22-2002, 08:58 PM
I wanted to know what the pricing would be on a RSX Type S motor would be, and where I can get one??

Thanks again!!!

2k2_nbp_egg
12-22-2002, 10:06 PM
Hey wait...so you're not going to wait and get the type r? What happened to kicking all the si-buying-chump's asses w/ a new type r? Secret Honda mole take his word back?

Anyway, I'd say your best bet is to look on ebay for a used one or one that was in a wreck...because I remember OE prices made me laugh for a second and feel sorry for the chump who bought it. Expect to pay 4-6k for a used K20A2 setup and installing it yourself. Expect to pay for pretty much another new car if you take it Honda.

Pradamuimui
12-22-2002, 10:19 PM
ACTUALLY NO...I am waiting for the SiR that is being released in September. However Im not gonna take a loss on my car. Im just considering ALL OPTIONS!!

napapacoda
12-22-2002, 10:50 PM
I know I'm confusing things here because I thought the SiR is just the Canadian model of the SI. Pradamuimui could you clear this up for me? Thanks

2k2_nbp_egg
12-23-2002, 12:07 PM
Oh no....it is. But according to pradamuimui there is a 220hp version of our cars (for the same 17K i paid for my car- omg220hpsamepricingmadjdmsweetcivic) coming to America this...what, spring? summer? autumn? winter? never? And that one is supposed to be the tru-blu SiR.

IceD out N CALI
12-23-2002, 01:07 PM
i've seen them range from about 3k-5k or so. ebay, the rsx forums, and other honda car forums are good places to look

hacim
12-23-2002, 04:50 PM
If you want to find one go here. This one says it has a turbo on it. What the hell?http://www.used-auto-engines.com/cgi-bin/webc.cgi/engine_detail.html?p_prodid=138&sid=6DoJfi0XA7nX48T-38102114723.9b

modern-perf
12-23-2002, 06:16 PM
I bought mine right here on ephatch.com for $2800.

I know, I know...I'm rubbing it in :D

IceD out N CALI
12-23-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by modern-perf
I bought mine right here on ephatch.com for $2800.

I know, I know...I'm rubbing it in :D

yes u are...lucky bastard;)

CivicSiR4U2NV
12-23-2002, 06:37 PM
http://www.torontocivics.com/tccforums/images/smilies/dito.gif

napapacoda
12-23-2002, 09:23 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
Oh no....it is. But according to pradamuimui there is a 220hp version of our cars (for the same 17K i paid for my car- omg220hpsamepricingmadjdmsweetcivic) coming to America this...what, spring? summer? autumn? winter? never? And that one is supposed to be the tru-blu SiR.

Damn, is this actually confirmed at all or just some rumor? Seems insanely hard to believe that honda would ever come out with a 220 hp version of a civic without a 23K+ pricetag..At least in the states.

Although im all for Honda's and I've only owned either honda/acura, it has always gotten to me that europe and japan get sportier versions of cars that we have. I would have thought it is clear that they would be good sellers in US, but they know more about supply and demand than I do.

George Knighton
12-23-2002, 11:00 PM
Whoa.

A 220 HP version of the EP3? That might be worth getting rid of the ITR.

If they do make it, I hope they put better brakes on it. The EP3's ABS pales in comparison to the ITR's. Can't think of anything else I'd change, though! :)

IceD out N CALI
12-23-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by napapacoda

Damn, is this actually confirmed at all or just some rumor? Seems insanely hard to believe that honda would ever come out with a 220 hp version of a civic without a 23K+ pricetag..At least in the states.

Although im all for Honda's and I've only owned either honda/acura, it has always gotten to me that europe and japan get sportier versions of cars that we have. I would have thought it is clear that they would be good sellers in US, but they know more about supply and demand than I do.

just a rumor from a salesmen i think