PDA

View Full Version : quick question!

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 01:54 PM
im about to clean the shit out of my ep3 since i have all day too clean it

i want to pull the seats out but i know i unplugging the air bag sensors the abs light comes on, if i disconnect the batterie will it by pass it from turning on????

j0000stin
03-21-2011, 01:58 PM

i want to pull the seats out but i know i unplugging the air bag sensors the abs light comes on, if i disconnect the batterie will it by pass it from turning on????

nope. i did that and mine stayed on forever

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 02:06 PM
what about ecu man ohh well guess i wont vacuum the entire car

j0000stin
03-21-2011, 02:07 PM
what about ecu man ohh well guess i wont vacuum the entire car

was thinking the same thing before. but in the end i just ended up taking out the bulb cus the srs light was anoying

edit:just see what the other guys did when they swapped out seats for aftermarket ones, though im pretty sure they just took out the bulb as well

i_love_my_ep3!
03-21-2011, 02:12 PM
is it really that hard too get to turn off cause i unpluged it before, while my car was on lol and i just took it to my boys shop and he scanned it with that obd scanner i dont know the name but it was poping up a code and he just cleared it and it never came back but it did take a cupple trys but dont want to risk it hate lights on my cluster

nmysiismyn
03-21-2011, 04:37 PM
I removed my seats a couple of years ago and've had the SRS light on ever since. I think the only reason it happened is because I drove my car without the passenger seat in. It turned on when I rolled about 10 feet.

As far as I know, an OBD scanner won't do anything. There's a few others that will, but it's a hella expensive device. The owner at my old work, Skunk2, had something for it that cost around around $8k, but I couldn't get him to "remember" to bring it in for me. :mrolleyes:

Here's a pic from my manual of how to fix it "if there isn't a recurring intermittent failure." I just used a paper clip, but for me, it only worked for about 20 minutes or so:

http://i830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/Tommy_Castroreale/EPHatch/th_IMAG0712.jpg (http://s830.photobucket.com/albums/zz228/Tommy_Castroreale/EPHatch/?action=view&current=IMAG0712.jpg)

27rocks
03-21-2011, 07:31 PM

I have taken out my seats before and nothing ever happened. As long as you don't turn the car on you should be fine. I have also tripped it once on accident because after i took out my race bucked and put my stock seat back on i forgot to plug it in, but i was able to clear it without any issues using the paper clip method. As long as you do it in th ecorrect order it should go away. I didn it once and it never came back on.

ep3jd
03-21-2011, 07:44 PM
what if you disconnect the battery and then do it lol

nmysiismyn
03-21-2011, 08:18 PM
...but i was able to clear it without any issues using the paper clip method. As long as you do it in th ecorrect order it should go away. I didn it once and it never came back on.

The first time I didn the paper clip method, it lasted for over a month... I have to assume that something/somewhere in my SRS system went bad. I just hope it's not with either one of my two airbags. :shrug:

27rocks
03-21-2011, 10:21 PM
The first time I didn the paper clip method, it lasted for over a month... I have to assume that something/somewhere in my SRS system went bad. I just hope it's not with either one of my two airbags. :shrug:

Double check the little connectors under the seat. Maybe you didn't push them together hard enough or the wires got separated from the plugs.... Check fuses.

nmysiismyn
03-21-2011, 11:02 PM
Double check the little connectors under the seat. Maybe you didn't push them together hard enough or the wires got separated from the plugs.... Check fuses.

Now that you mention it, I'm reminded that I snapped one of the clips that snap the connector together. All I did was zip-tie it. I remember it not feeling like it was latched in or closed all the way. I remember feeling a clicking as I was pressing it together all the way by hand... Hmm...

Whatever that connector costs, I'm sure it's worth a try. I don't want to just pull the bulb in the gadge cluster. More than I want that bright, blood-red light off of my amber-lit cluster, I want to know for sure that the airbags are going to work when/if needed. :mangel:

Thanks for the reminder man! :thumbu:

j0000stin
03-22-2011, 02:28 AM
the paperclip method! I remember doing that now. It didn't last very long, maybe a couple week? Then it came back on

AKEP
03-22-2011, 05:32 AM
just make sure when you tilt the seat back to disconnect the wires, that you dont pull too hard. the wires are ziptied to the bottom of the seat and if you pull too hard you will rip them.

if the car is off you wont trip the light. turning it on to ACC will trip the light. I learned that because i wanted to listen to the radio while cleaning my car. i used a fork instead of paperclips lol.