PDA

View Full Version : Skunk2 MegaPower R.... anyone currently have one?

REVnRED
03-21-2011, 02:21 PM
hey, im looking for an exhaust for my car and really like the sound of the Skunk2 Megapower R. But i cant find any reviews from people who have it. currently im running a AEM V2 intake. anyone want to tell me how they feel about the Skunk2 Exhaust? is it annoying on the highway, is it riceish?

black05ep
03-21-2011, 02:40 PM
i absolutly love my skunk2 mega power loud as fuck, but still deep. doesnt drone on the highway. im also running a dc raceheader no cat. and either stock modded airbox or k&n short ram.

civictype_r04
03-21-2011, 02:44 PM
I love my skunk2 70mm

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

REVnRED
03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
Alright thats awesome! as long as it doesnt drone on the highway and has a deep tone im happy!

dink32788
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
my ep3 is pretty damn low... any problems with excessive scraping over the 2.5 exhaust?

udontknowjack
03-21-2011, 04:33 PM
it is so loud i have to get the skunk2 exhaust silencer to pass sound

drizzy88
03-21-2011, 04:46 PM
I love my Skunk2 mega power r 70mm, sound his deep, loud, and no drone. I'm dropped on racelands and couldn't pull in my drive with the exhaust. Had to raise the coils a little for better clearance, but still scraps a little, but i don't mind.

civictype_r04
03-21-2011, 07:02 PM
I'm getting a straight pipe axle back for my 70mm I cant wait!!!!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

REVnRED
03-22-2011, 07:13 AM
Thanks guys, i ordered the exhaust yesterday before going to bed. I cant wait, ill make sure to post some vids of the sound for others to hear it without headers.

ImportCustomx
03-22-2011, 07:15 AM
definetly post up a nice in car and out of car sound clip... i can add it to the Stickied exhaust thread.

make sure there is no background noise, no stereo on etc...make sure its only the exhuast..a nice quiet area to record :)

makavelibranded
03-24-2011, 10:00 PM
I like mine but it was to quiet so i removed the resonator. I have videos but you cant hear it over my dumptube, and no theres no drone at all on it.

czmark
03-25-2011, 08:03 PM
im looking on getting the skunk2 exhaust too, i just have the stock k20a3 with kandn intake. I was wondering since there is 2 skunk2 exhaust systems the megapower and the megapower R. My question is im pretty sure that the R has the 70mm tubing will i loose backpressure causing me to loose hp? What you guys think?!

T_Virus
03-28-2011, 01:09 PM
im looking on getting the skunk2 exhaust too, i just have the stock k20a3 with kandn intake. I was wondering since there is 2 skunk2 exhaust systems the megapower and the megapower R. My question is im pretty sure that the R has the 70mm tubing will i loose backpressure causing me to loose hp? What you guys think?!

Doesn't matter with either Megapower because you will gain small HP but lose lots of low end torque unless if you go turbo or SC. These N1 style (fart cans like what talonxracer says) sacrafices too much low end torque.

czmark
03-29-2011, 03:59 PM
Thanks man, it just its so hard to choice what exhaust to get. Like i would think apexi ws2 would be too quite, aaahhh idk anymore

Pingwhen
04-01-2011, 10:28 PM
Just got my Skunk2 Megapower R exhaust and its not connecting to the Cat!!!! WTH DO I DO?!!?! anyone else have this problem?!?! i have the old exhaust off and am waiting and id rather not buy a downpipe bc i need it done this weekend and don't want to put back on the stock exhaust system... SOMEONE PLEASE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP OMG PLEASE...THANKYOU =)

Twisted-X
04-01-2011, 10:55 PM
More info needed. What part # exhaust did you get? Maybe you accidentally bought the one made for the RSX Type S... How exactly isn't it connecting?

makavelibranded
04-02-2011, 07:56 AM
Just got my Skunk2 Megapower R exhaust and its not connecting to the Cat!!!! WTH DO I DO?!!?! anyone else have this problem?!?! i have the old exhaust off and am waiting and id rather not buy a downpipe bc i need it done this weekend and don't want to put back on the stock exhaust system... SOMEONE PLEASE HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPP OMG PLEASE...THANKYOU =)

Well the stock cat is setup to bolt up to the stock 1.75 exhaust and the skunk 2 magapower r bolted up to my 2.5 testpipe just fine so im guessing your going to have to go to an exhaust shop and either have a larger flange added or have them make a testpipe for you.

RHCP0801
04-02-2011, 12:49 PM
time to put the stock exhaust back, get the right flange for it to bolt up too or get a raceheader...why would you ever get a 70mm exhaust without a raceheader in the first place