PDA

View Full Version : Camber question

Garrett
03-21-2011, 03:29 PM
Okay, so i'm trying to learn everything with suspension etc, etc. I am on stock struts/ shocks with skunk2 ground controls (maxed out). No i just got new rims, 16x7 +35. I want these to sit flush. So what camber kit would you guys recommend? Are ebay ones reliable whatsoever? Or should i go with spc or ingalls.. Am i going to need front and rear or just rear also. Thanks in advance guys.

SkareKrow
03-21-2011, 03:30 PM
:bump: for someone that knows more info.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G using TapaTalk!

PatrickJamesYu
03-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Whats up garrett? How's the ride doing?

Skunk2 Ground Controls?
That's 2 brands right there haha
But If I remember correctly, you're on Skunk2 Coilover Sleeves.
So your height is adjustable.
As far as camber, I wouldn't get the ebay camber kit.
I know a few members who have them/ had them, but after a few months the bushings get completely torn apart.
There was a pic of it on here before the forum server change.
The ebay one, the Godspeed Project one, I wouldn't get.

I have Ingalls front and rear and they are quality stuff.
I hear that the SPC has more camber adjustability than the Ingalls kit, but I HIGHLY doubt you would need the extra degrees, unless you're going to go crazy with camber.
If you have seen my recent pictures, my Ingalls kit is maxed out, and I'm running 16x8+0's.
I don't think you will need the front ones unless you 'want' to run some negative camber.
You should be able to get stock camber specs in the front, and have it sit nice or even with a degree and a half with out a camber kit/ camber bolts.

MajorJones
03-21-2011, 05:54 PM
Exactly what Patrick said...

But if your looking for a straight flush look with +35 offset maybe some spaces to push them out a bit more for flushness, them some camber adjustments...Just my 2cents

Garrett
03-21-2011, 06:18 PM
Whatsup man, and yeah i meant skunk2 coil sleeves lol. So you think i will be fine with just rear and which one do you prefer more ingalls or spc since they are pretty much the same price

PatrickJamesYu
03-21-2011, 06:26 PM
I think you're fine with just the rear.
shoot, depending on your tire size you don't even need the rear haha.
But yeah, the front is so much cheaper I'd just wait on those.

I personally prefer Ingalls because that is what I have, and I like them, and I feel safe fully relying on them to not fail on me.

Garrett
03-22-2011, 01:28 AM
Okay, I'm gonna order them tonight, but what's the difference between rubber and polyurethane? Which ones better etc?

PatrickJamesYu
03-22-2011, 01:56 AM
Okay, I'm gonna order them tonight, but what's the difference between rubber and polyurethane? Which ones better etc?

This is all my opinion and understanding, I am not fully certain:
Rubber is like OEM.
Great quality, requires no maintenance. (sort of, I mean some people have 30+ year old cars with out ever maintaining suspension components)
They are a bit softer which ma provide a smoother ride.

Polyurethane is a material used in many performance parts.
Notice many people upgrading from stock to those Energy suspension polyurethane bushings.
They are quite affordable, I'd look into those for future reference.
But they do require a bit more maintenance, they need be greased and I would assume/recommend to be cleaned or wiped off (because of previous grease + dirt build up)
They are stiffer than rubber, so may provide a bit 'stiffer' of a ride
but in return you have more "driver-to-ground" feel
Make sense?

From my understanding, you track once in a while, and you do your own work on your car, and you know how to maintain it?
If this is all true I'd go ahead and get the polyurethane
But you know yourself and your car better.

I think the Ingalls are cheapest off of Clubep3
They were several months back.

Garrett
03-22-2011, 04:51 PM
Yes i do maintain and work on my car by myself. So as this is my daily driver will it make a difference, like noticably, for me to be on polyurethane? or will i probably not even notice it?

PatrickJamesYu
03-22-2011, 05:20 PM
Yes i do maintain and work on my car by myself. So as this is my daily driver will it make a difference, like noticably, for me to be on polyurethane? or will i probably not even notice it?

Hmm I dont know
Some people notice these things and some people don't.

But most people like knowing that they have something that performs best or better.

Garrett
03-22-2011, 08:05 PM
alright thanks alot, ordering the polyurethane ingalls tomorrow night. thanks everyone!

Twisted-X
03-22-2011, 11:43 PM
My Ingall's rear kit came apart after one weekend at the track. :mrolleyes:
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/jimmyspiffy1986/Ingalls%20Rear%20Camber%20Arm/PICT0221a.jpg
http://i654.photobucket.com/albums/uu261/jimmyspiffy1986/Ingalls%20Rear%20Camber%20Arm/PICT0222a.jpg
So I e-mailed them and they said that they aren't designed for "brake force loads". They told me to shove the bar back into the bushing and use them anyway.

Guess what I replaced them with:
Skunk2 camber arms (they have C-clips to hold the bar in place). Not a problem since.

PatrickJamesYu
03-23-2011, 12:15 AM
Dang that's crazy
Well there you go
For every product there is mixed reviews
ALWAYS.

Garrett
03-23-2011, 03:20 AM
Dang that's crazy
Well there you go
For every product there is mixed reviews
ALWAYS.