PDA

View Full Version : RACELAND coils help??

soloep3
03-22-2011, 07:27 AM
I installed my racelands over the weekend. everything went well the tires are slightly tucked but not much... I had STechs w/stk shox before. they ride pretty good considering how low I am.
NOW... 2 questions.... 1) what to do withvthe tie rod ends. I have adjustable camber that was set up at zero originally so I put it bak the way it was before the coils. now obviously the camber is noticeably neg...no biggie, but the toe kicked way the hell out cuz of Hondas idiotic steering rack placement...upon adjustment, I noticed that I'm only about ten turns or so left until the tie rod comes off... should I invest in extended tie rod ends.?? how's everyone dealing with the super dumped ep's??
2) MOST IMPORTANT,!! like I stated, everything was done correctly...the problem I'm having is that when I turn the wheels slightly left (1/4 turn or so either side), the coil springs r popping??? WTF I don't get it why?????

Ronnie
03-22-2011, 08:33 AM
Read the Raceland's thread plz
-
1 ) go get a damn alignment << simple is that >> :squint:
2 ) that popin is caused by :
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?58064-DIY-Stop-your-Racelands-from-clunking

or
call Raceland and tell them your situation and they will send you another set at no additional cost!
-
thats what i did and it worked ;)

Ronnie
03-22-2011, 08:48 AM
and here goddamn it:
you have to do inverted tie rod ends, or steering rack from crsx, or get a pair of brand new OEM tie rod every 3 months!
this is how you deal with being that low:
http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac22/maniii85/Photo0463.jpg

MuiThaiVampire
05-10-2011, 09:24 AM
can u post a link to where u got your inverted tie rod ends?

alex026
05-10-2011, 01:59 PM
I contacted them, They wanted me to disassemble the whole coilover, take a picture. then put it back in and maybe they'd send me a new one. Meaning I'd have to get another alignment, and if you do chose to send me new ones. I'd have to get another alignment. Silly, We all clearly know what the problem is.

Read the Raceland's thread plz
-
1 ) go get a damn alignment << simple is that >> :squint:
2 ) that popin is caused by :
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?58064-DIY-Stop-your-Racelands-from-clunking

or
call Raceland and tell them your situation and they will send you another set at no additional cost!
-
thats what i did and it worked ;)

hkrayingboyz
05-10-2011, 02:09 PM
I contacted them, They wanted me to disassemble the whole coilover, take a picture. then put it back in and maybe they'd send me a new one. Meaning I'd have to get another alignment, and if you do chose to send me new ones. I'd have to get another alignment. Silly, We all clearly know what the problem is.

I assume they just want to make sure no one trying to get 2 sets and sell one set so they will lose money. But ya, I feel that we shouldnt pay twice for alignment just so we get the correct product.

alex026
05-11-2011, 07:52 AM
I assume they just want to make sure no one trying to get 2 sets and sell one set so they will lose money. But ya, I feel that we shouldnt pay twice for alignment just so we get the correct product.

Yeah I definitely understand that. Just dumb that I would have to drop close to 200 bucks for alignments, and think about my poor tie rods getting popped out twice. I would probably even end up replacing those. Silly.