PDA

View Full Version : Odyssey Battery: Yay or Nay???

EDU
03-23-2011, 06:23 PM
im thinking in getting the PWJDM battery relocater and the Odyssey battery for my ep. and im wondering if any of you guys are running this battery and can give me any input on how this Battery performs.
and what will the pro's and con's will it be in running this battery?
im just interested on doing this set up cuz i found a good deal on this and will also help to clean up a bit my engine bay.
thank you in advance guys.
p.s: im not running any crazy Audio set-up or anything like that, down the road i might get a sub/Amp but just your regular/basic set up.

Odyssey Battery pc680

http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/EDU_077/1900L.jpg

talonXracer
03-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Far too small for a DD, that is the same size I used on my DS650 ATV ! The first cold day and you will be going no where till the battery is fully recharged(12-18 hours)! These AGM batteries require special attention when charging back from stone dead, a jump start will not cut the mustard and will permanently damage the battery.

I would go no smaller than the PC925, the PC925 will fit in the stock battery box on it's side(which is clean looking). That is the battery I used for my custom battery relocation.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g96/talonxracer/newinterior058.jpg

integrictuner
03-23-2011, 06:39 PM
ive had mine for about a year and a half this winter was pretty cold ive never had any problems with it

talonXracer
03-23-2011, 06:58 PM
LOL, when i said cold I didnt say Pa cold, LOL, I meant the cold only seen further north where the TS is located, where polar bears live and smart people head down south or perish when the days get cold and long and your neighbors wave maple leaf flags.....LOL

I had two of the 680's suffer this winter, one my fault and the other was just 5 days of -10/-18 at night. Not in a car but in a ATV and a snowblower. I had to charge them at 10 amps for over 10 hours to get them back.

If you size the battery just like a OEM replacement, then these batteries can not be beat and are then worth every $$$ ! ! !

EDU
03-23-2011, 07:14 PM
yeah i live clear the hell North, in MN... lol
but the car doesnt get driven in winters, goes in to storage first week in december and comes out in april.
thanx for the reply Talon... so you dont think i should go with this Battery? i was just wondering 'cuz of the size i can push it down and kinda hide it, otherwise ill just stay with the OEM size battery in the oem location.

talonXracer
03-23-2011, 07:49 PM
If you are not driving it in the winter, not running a big amp or a amp and at night alot then the smaller battery will work, they are potent little things! But are really meant for exactly what they are described as , a RACE battery. Race when used in a description of a part seldom means a part meant for long life, simply severe abuse in order to finish a race.

udontknowjack
03-23-2011, 07:56 PM
i brought the relocation kit and battery....only drive my car 1-2 a week....about a month now...no problems...!

didnt use the relocation kit cuz it wont fit with my CAI....pm me if you want to take it off my hand brand new

jjr007
03-24-2011, 05:42 PM
I have a 15 lbs Braille battery that I bought a couple of years ago from an ephatch vendor, that I have been very pleased with, even here in the heart of New England winters. The specs are as good or better than the ep stock battery in all area except reserve capacity. http://www.braillebattery.com/index.php/batteries/b2015/specs