PDA

View Full Version : 4 to 5 lug spindle conversion...

Pinoy84
12-23-2002, 05:33 AM
I was just wondering if doing this swap would be worth anyone's time. Is a 5 lug setup more studier somehow? Holds more torque? If I continued to proceed with a swap such as this would it be finanially be worth my time or would its price overweigh its performance benefits? CTR or RSX spindles, are they direct bolt on's and pretty much straight forward or does this swap prove more difficult? Sorry for all the questions but I others could possilbly want to know as well.

SIborland
12-23-2002, 08:14 AM
If you use the base model RSX set-up it should be pretty easy. Somebody mentioned that they have the same everything pretty much except the 4-5 lug difference. 5 lug is better for holding wieght...i.e. lots of trucks have 6 or more. But its not something that you would really have to worry about. The only reason for us would really be for show purposes and for a little bit different choice in wheels. Im not the best source but thats my 2 cents.

Pinoy84
12-24-2002, 04:17 AM
The reason I was asking about this was because I want the buddy club p1 qf that are forced but can only get the 17x7.5 in 5 lug form, I feel the 16's might look to small. And the bigger width helps for wider tire selection.

carbonSI
01-04-2003, 06:30 AM
hmm, how much would a base rsx conversion run? i would love to rock some type r rollers, actually, im praying i find someone who bought the FP package, and bought rims :D :D id be up on those rims like a guy fresh outta jail on Ms. Aguilera :p -mike

CleanBlackSi02
01-04-2003, 11:57 AM
Anybody have a list of parts that we'd need for the conversion?

IceD out N CALI
01-04-2003, 02:42 PM
you could check local junkyards or ebay, never know someone might be selling rsx spindles/suspension for cheap, then all u'd have left is the labor:)

Mr.02BlackSIguY
01-04-2003, 06:58 PM
i was interested in this swap. i found out that from the dealer it cost around a grand to get but it swaps right into our EP with no modifications. the rsx base has the same brakes and all except it was 5 lugs.. the type S will give you bigger brakes. i want to do this swap because i wanna get those jdm gunmetal rims. 1k is not worth it but if i see a wrecked rsx at a junkyard, i would consider getting it. i also heard you need not just the spindle but the whole thing, thats why it cost so much. someone here on this forum has done this swap already. forgot who.

SIborland
01-08-2003, 02:52 PM
I think what I might end up doing is getting the rsx helms manual and check that out, i already have the Si one, so I guess we'll see when I get around to getting it. Honestly it shouldnt be that hard to do, since most of the peices are the same, but I want to check and make sure. I will give updates when I can.