PDA

View Full Version : Discussion on Hondata + other mods

kenis138
12-23-2002, 08:33 AM
Ok, so some thoughts.....

Hondata is showing gains of, what, 10 hp? on a stock model.

It is clearly erroneous to say that intake=5hp, header=5hp, and exhaust adds 2, so adding Hondata will give us total gains of 22hp at the wheels. There is obvoiusly some integration between mods that does not make it simple addition.

BUT, what is this #, any preliminary thoughts, discussion, on what we can expect with Hondata + I/H/E at least?

2k2_nbp_egg
12-23-2002, 01:12 PM
With I/H/E, our cars are pretty much an RSX-S. You think in terms of whp...i'll think in terms of QM ET as well. So...w/ i/h/e an Si w/ an above average driver can easily break into the 14s. 14.8 is better than almost any stock RSX-S I have seen. Average driver in a stock rsx-s is about a low low 15 car. Above average and they break into the 14s. So w/ that hondata reflash I estimate a good .2-.4 off our ET (less shifts as well). That means that with a good driver a mid 14 should be average. W/ one more so so bolt on then low 14s are easily in reach.

Now as for WHP terms...lets see...if I/H/E Sis are getting what, mid 150 whp? I'd imagine that the ECU reflash gains are also exponential depending on what mods you have....so I would guestimate at mid 160 low 170 whp? That sounds about right...mmmmm I can't wait until I start seeing EP power ratings at around 195@7500 RPM and low14/high 13 ETs naturally aspirated.

JSIR
12-23-2002, 08:48 PM
all those mods should add up if done properly and you read the power at the proper rpm point. I/H/E is worth about 12 whp at peak power rpm point. Hondata is reported to add at least 5whp at peak rpm point, and up to 10 whp at various points in the rpm band (this is based on the base rsx findings). If they get the tuning to work out better than they did on the base RSX , then maybe 10 whp gains at peak power might be possible. Thus in terms of peak power, I would say 17 whp is very possible, up to 22 whp is also possible depending on how well Hondata gets their tuning to work on our EP's. This is wheel hp I am talking about. Add a larger Throttle body to the mix and another 5-6 whp can be had. Thus 22-27 whp is truly possible, not bad.

civic hatch boi
12-23-2002, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by 2k2_nbp_egg
With I/H/E, our cars are pretty much an RSX-S.

im sorry, i'll have to disagree with u. i think an S is still faster. and sounds a hell of a lot better.