PDA

View Full Version : Finally another EP spotted

kenis138
12-23-2002, 08:50 AM
Dont see too many up here in RI, but saw a guy with one cruising round near the dealership. Pulled up next to him at redlight and asked how he lkiked it, replied " Great except its a gas guzzling pig." Heheh, guess he must drive it "correctly". Anyway, light was too short to toss him a ephatch.com card, so dunno if he knows bout us. Dude, you out there?

We started off from the light and messing around, he got on it in 2nd. Smart ass me, does the same w/ mods, and WAAAAAAAHHHHHH. Looked in my rearview and dude had a smile like, "Nice."

Suk02Si
12-23-2002, 10:37 PM
that's pretty cool man, I hope they visit the site.

I've seen a couple around here, my gf hunted a couple down and gave them ephatch cards. The lsat one I saw awas a couple nights ago, it was a young girl driving with friends.

IceD out N CALI
12-23-2002, 11:53 PM
yeah its rare I see an ep. Havent seen one for over a week now, and before that 3 weeks

rice_eater GT
12-24-2002, 12:19 AM
I see a few here and there. I probably see one every few days or so while I'm driving to work. The funniest sighting was when I saw an old guy, probably in his 50's, driving down the freeway.

LordKoo
12-24-2002, 12:42 AM
The only time I saw an EP was before I brought mine. It was driven by a loving couple of 60 plus. It was quite a memorable sight.

I thought if older generation likes the car, there must be something about that car. And bingo! It was, and still it is!!!!

ep3guy
12-24-2002, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by rice_eater GT
I see a few here and there. I probably see one every few days or so while I'm driving to work. The funniest sighting was when I saw an old guy, probably in his 50's, driving down the freeway.

I see a lady around my area sometimes, I'm guessing shes in her 40's? I hope she doesn't go on this board, I might be giving a bad guess on her age. :angel:

redronin22
12-24-2002, 01:14 AM
hey ever go to westminster mall? i c a silver and a black one everytime i go. one time it happend to see all 4 2002 colors there ahah i parked next to em. ehehe kinda like a meet without knowing it haha

silver02si
12-24-2002, 01:22 AM
About a month or two after I bought my silver ep, some guy who works near me bought one just like it. Then I put blue blinker bulbs on my car, and he did the same thing. I think it's a bizarre coincidence, but I'm not sure.

ep3guy
12-24-2002, 01:23 AM
Originally posted by redronin22
hey ever go to westminster mall? i c a silver and a black one everytime i go. one time it happend to see all 4 2002 colors there ahah i parked next to em. ehehe kinda like a meet without knowing it haha

It's scary parking at Westminster Mall. I'd wanna run out and check up on my car every 5 minutes just incase someone tries to jack my car or mess it up somehow. Maybe some ricers will try to steal the si emblems to put it on their Nissan.

kpxplaya415
12-24-2002, 06:49 AM
Originally posted by ep3guy

It's scary parking at Westminster Mall. I'd wanna run out and check up on my car every 5 minutes just incase someone tries to jack my car or mess it up somehow. Maybe some ricers will try to steal the si emblems to put it on their Nissan.

lol i can imagine it now "Spec-V Special Edition Si!"

i've seen two on the road, one parked at a ... park. and on on the freeway while i was coming back from arizona. it was nighttime and i could only tell it was a white Si but nothing about the driver. This was on monday

zensuit
12-24-2002, 07:31 AM
I drive a white EP...there's a guy who works near me, young guy with a total babe for a girl, who drives a black ep...when we are in the same parking lot it looks like EP diversity compliance, lol.

Z

carbonSI
01-04-2003, 06:19 AM
i had recently bought myself a 02 satin silver si, and the day i pull off the lot... i see a 02 satin silver si with a fireball exhaust, other than that, stock, didnt look good, he should have went with a drop, but to each his own, he beat me to it :D and about 2 mos before i got mine, up by the bi-lo where a buncha people chill at, my friend had/has a black 02 si, i remember sittin in it, thinkin "wow... this is the sh*t!" haha, and now, i am a PROUD owner myself, so i feel even more privilaged... there is also a white one with some gunmetal rims, exhaust, drop and tint, that just look siiiiiick, and a pretty hott girl that used to work by me had a 02 satin silver si with a drop, i looked at her car like motivation :D hmm, and last night while i was driving, i see a black si, with rims and viper lights, (washer lights) i was VERY angry to see a EP with those, but i guess he likes em? :( and iwas about to be the first blue EP in the state, and bordering states, or one of the few, and 15 min before i came back to purchase, someone bought it! :'( but ive grown to love the satin silver :D sorry for the long post, just some South Carolina EP info -mike

StrangeShadow
01-04-2003, 09:17 AM
yesturday was the first for me, I was going north on the freeway to work, passing some 4 cars all doing 60 bumper to bumper in the fast lane (just pissing me off when I'm running late), then there it was going south, same color and everything haha, still not sure if it was just the coffee playing tricks on me.

ep pilot
01-04-2003, 03:28 PM
Yeah it's cool I don't see many in Nor Cali believe it or not, actually I was at the dealer last week getting an oil change and the salesman whom sold me my car, asked how I liked my car & when on to say that the dealer had not sold one since mine, about two months ago.

I also noticed they had about seven Ep's all of them parked on the front patio of the showroom. Gosh I really love that new blue!

I was driving back from the same dealer on the freeway when I saw a really nice white Ep lowered about 2" black wheels about 17" black hood, no tints, it looked very subdued.

-Ryan

smokincivic
01-04-2003, 05:33 PM
Hey Kenis was it a gold one that looked stock, guy in his upper 20's, thats the only other one I've seen in RI but I see him all over the place from Prov to Burrillville

kenis138
01-06-2003, 06:33 AM
No, it was a black one, I think it used to belong to a kid at the dealership (judging by the purely cosmetic mods I had seen him do up til that point, splashguards, visor, pinstripes....good for 20hp). Guess he got sick of it, dude prolly paid about 3k less than I paid fer mine, dammit!

FirstImport02Si
01-06-2003, 06:51 AM
Hey Kenis, I still haven't seen another one in RI. I saw one in Monrteal last weekend, but not one on the entire 6 hour drive up or back. I did see one of the older Si's on 95 in North Attleboro but there was a lot of traffic so I just crept up beside him so he could check out the goods ;) I still gotta see your car...been crazy busy with work and school. Hit me up when we get rid of some of this damn snow. You'll know its me if you see me, I have a gay pinstripe.

FirstImport02Si
01-06-2003, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by kenis138
No, it was a black one.......pinstripes

wait a second......nope not me. I dont have splashguards or a visor. Or 20 extra HP and it was brand new. Whew. :D

atl-si
01-06-2003, 08:17 AM
Me too!! Finally spotted someone in an EP again since two months ago. This was a white guy in a stock EP driving on Hwy 124 on Sunday. If you are here wassup!!

hobbs03si
01-06-2003, 08:38 AM
I have only seen one ep other than mine! guess it will be awhile till some kind of a meet and drive haha :D

BlairSpeed
01-06-2003, 11:33 AM
Hey, any here live in sourthern cali? I live in north San Diego and have only seen 2 other EPs ever. Funny thing is that the first one I ever saw was a black one w/ 17s and blue blinker lights and it was on my way to the dealership to buy my silver EP. Other then that, I saw another silver one on the way to work like a month ago. I sort of like having a rare car in a world of monotonous autos. going to drop w/ H&R's very soon......

carbonSI
01-06-2003, 07:01 PM
well its weird that south carolina has more EP's than anywhere else :D yesterday at the meet. i was about to run the blue one i was supposed to buy. the girl who owns it got it 15 min before i did :'( i still havent ran one yet, anyone here run a ep? howd the drivers race go? -mike

Suk02Si
01-06-2003, 07:43 PM
SpeedRacer and I raced; I won:D but he kills me in the canyons

I think his 17's were hurting him though.