PDA

View Full Version : Type R Spoiler on 2K2 Si?

NetDragon
07-18-2002, 01:34 PM
Ok so it looks like the body kit would not fit ATM for a full conversion, but what about just that sexy sexy spoiler? I thought I saw one on e-Bay for like 250 bucks? Dunno if that comes painted or not. Buuuut does anyone know of the OEM spoilers being for sale here in the states? Also the raised tail light is in the spoiler and does not seem to use the tail light under tbe back window? What all do you have to do to rewire that? Would you say pull it out totally or wire it so you get both tail light working? Or would that look fugly? Also what about the mounts? How is the factory spoiler mounted? Does anybody know if you just use the same mountings on the Type R. I am still running totally stock, besides an AEM I want to do this soon. Thanks for any help.

iR-VTEC2
07-18-2002, 07:35 PM
Hmmmm can't answer that question. I'm gonna try and email honda of uk to see if they can help me with this one and i'll get back to you.

Pradamuimui
07-19-2002, 12:30 AM
As far as I know the Type R spoiler will not fit the 2002 Civic Si. I was told that the type R spoiler was about an inch to short on the Si....sorry guys...BUT, buddyclub is making a full kit almost identical to the type r's. Im pretty mad myself becuase I wanted to do all J-spec on my new Si...but it looks like I wont be able to now:(

SBC31
07-19-2002, 06:01 AM
I would think that the Type R rear wing would fit since both cars use the same hatch and roof. I can't see it not fitting.

Now the front and rear lip body kit will probably not fit since ourr bumpers are different. Side skirts should be a perfect fit since both models are of the same lenght in that area.

NetDragon
07-19-2002, 10:29 AM
Guess I will just have to sit and wait.. BTW who is buddyblub? They got a site? Any chance it weill be a lot cheaper than the OEM? Think they will sell a full conversion or just the spoiler? Thanks,

CivicSiR
07-19-2002, 07:06 PM
Actually, Erebuni, the company that makes the fake Type-R kit, sells the 'Type-R' wing, too. It's $250, and comes with the a brake light (but btw, our cars already come w/ rear brake light toward the top of the hatch.

iR-VTEC2
07-19-2002, 10:13 PM
No response from honda.co.uk

GP Si
07-21-2002, 11:55 AM
I got my CTR wing from a jdm dealer for 450.00 it took 3 weeks to get here and i had to get it repainted because it came in red

NetDragon
07-21-2002, 05:50 PM
OUCH! A bit pricy, but I would love to see it when it is done. Please post pics when you can. Thanks,