PDA

View Full Version : Question for Pioneer radio owners?

he_li48
03-26-2011, 05:25 PM
Does you AM radio reception sux?

If yes were you able to fix it?

Do you have the HD add-on? Do you like it?

BeaterEP
04-10-2011, 08:22 AM
My AM reception sucks, but it's always sucked, so I don't think the Pioneer HUs were ever the issue.
:shrug:

Search some of the older threads, I know folks have discussed radio reception w/aftermarket HUs before.

Black04si
04-10-2011, 12:19 PM
i cant even pick up local am stations in mine but i couldnt b4 i put the new hu in i think the antenna just sux on an ep

HKS225
04-14-2011, 08:27 AM
For some reason the pioneers am tuner and even the fm side suck. I work at a car stereo shop and this is one of my biggest complaints about the pioneer radios. Your stock radio has a better tuner than the pioneer. As far as the HD add on, it will help a lil bit but wont completly fix the issue. Bottom line is the supertuner 3D sucks. Look into getting a kenwood radio. They have a much better tuner.

Oh and by the way..... who listens to am stations anyway

RedSiBaron
04-14-2011, 08:35 AM
My 5 or 6 yr old pioneer headunit gets great reception on am and fm. I can pick up stations in cincinnati from dayton and visa versa. That's 50 miles between them, I think that's decent.

And we have awesome am stations here I listen to 3 or 4 of them.

My next HU is going to be a kenwood, I really like their offerings.

epqwerty
06-04-2011, 08:54 AM
Not sure if you solved this problem but I had the same problem with AM reception it was terrible. However after reconnecting everything the problem for me lies with the antenna it needed power. The original installation diagrams for both the harness and the Pioneer deck does not mention anything for it. If you do some research on the forum it can cure the problem.