PDA

View Full Version : HELP!! clutch problem!

bluep3HATCH
03-26-2011, 08:48 PM
Hey guys!

I just replaced my clutch over this week and I cant think of anything that went wrong. I drove around the block and it felt great, then I parked in gear for about an hour. After I was done cleaning up I went to drive home and I backed out of the driveway and went for 1st....It felt like it was working for a second...then nothing....

Any ideas or advice? I need my car to work asap

talonXracer
03-26-2011, 08:55 PM
It felt like it was working for a second...then nothing....

Any ideas or advice? I need my car to work asap

Not exactly sure what you are trying to say, what is trying for second?

If by nothing you mean that you have the trans in gear, let out the clutch and nothing happens? that could be the axle popped out of the diff (drivers side axle/CV)

jamesandrew58
03-26-2011, 10:31 PM
Yes, check your axles. This happened to be before in my daily.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

bluep3HATCH
03-27-2011, 09:52 PM
I meant that it felt like the clutch was engaging as I was letting it out in 1st...then it stopped engaging and I got nothing. I took the trans out today and checked everything and it all looked good including the axles and clutch. I have no idea and I am really frustrated. One weird thing I noticed is that at idle, the speedo reads 15 and goes up with rpms.

Im thinking that it could be the transmission or the slave cylinder.

bluep3HATCH
03-29-2011, 07:19 PM
any suggestions at all? this problem is making my life hell. why would the speedometer read 10-15 mph in neutral at idle?

talonXracer
03-29-2011, 08:09 PM
The only way the speedo will register a speed is if the differential is also turning. The VSS drive gear is directly on the case of the differential so it is logical to deduce that if the speedo is being driven and the axles are not turning there is something wrong with the axle splines or differential or the axles are not fully inserted and the hog ring has not retained it in. Are you sure the axles are inserted fully?