PDA

View Full Version : Finally, new pics of the aggressive type-R C/F kit

Dr. Design
12-23-2002, 10:38 AM
Hello All,
Sorry for the long delay in getting these pics posted. Here they are though in color and not on a black backround!
Please let us know if any of you have any questions.
Thank you,

Dr. Design
12-23-2002, 10:39 AM
pic #2

Dr. Design
12-23-2002, 10:40 AM
pic #3

Dr. Design
12-23-2002, 10:41 AM
pic #4

B( * Y * )BIES
12-23-2002, 10:45 AM
Can you get some closer more detailed pix?

Looks good tho. :cool:

HondaMan
12-23-2002, 11:41 AM
Not bad!

IceD out N CALI
12-23-2002, 08:11 PM
thats a nice kit

1 fstr si
12-23-2002, 08:48 PM
not to go off topic or anything, but, what about those lights. those are damn nice. when will those be available and about how much $ u think?

o2seriouSi
12-24-2002, 12:53 AM
How about the fiberglass kit version when does that come out i want to be 1 of the first one out there w/ that kit

I_VTEC
12-24-2002, 10:45 AM
Dr. Design: Any updates on the HID's? I'm ready for them to be released!!! Also, what output are they, 4300k?

S.C.civic si 02
12-24-2002, 02:14 PM
and what is the price on that kit? It looks nice.

I_VTEC
12-24-2002, 02:47 PM
$1299 as seen on dthreedesigns.com

Jpax
12-25-2002, 01:43 PM
I like it... :p

Makross
01-06-2003, 12:36 AM
hey dr. design are you guys gonna make them in poly utherane?? looks good :D

Dr. Design
01-06-2003, 11:55 AM
Hello,
Thank you for the compliments. At this time it appears we will be sticking with the c/f production right now. If sales soar through the roof then we might look at producing it in poly urethane. But that wouldn't happen for a little while. Please let us know if you have any other questions.

As far as the headlights. If there is anyone interested in getting these lights, please notice that these are considered custom. This means that they are all handbuilt one-off style jobs. Thus the price has been set at $1250 for Projection HIDlights.
Thank you,

Originally posted by Makross
hey dr. design are you guys gonna make them in poly utherane?? looks good :D

CleanBlackSi02
01-06-2003, 12:19 PM
Very nice pics! Any plans for a more subtle carbon fiber CTR replica?

HK_EP3
01-08-2003, 09:43 PM
Originally posted by Dr. Design
pic #3
I like this kit.... but the rear looks kinda weird cause the original bumper is showing at the bottom, but it still kicks ass

DownTheHatch
01-08-2003, 09:54 PM
That EP is soooo phat.

Slap a CF type-r spoiler on it :)

Dr. Design
01-09-2003, 11:33 AM
We are planning on making an agressive c/f type-R spoiler. We just have not had a chance to do it yet. Within the next month we will have some pictures.
Thank you,

Originally posted by DownTheHatch
That EP is soooo phat.

Slap a CF type-r spoiler on it :)

OrientExpress3
01-17-2003, 04:06 PM
Not to get off the subject but does anybody know where I can find those headlights that are on that car?

NamingException
01-17-2003, 07:22 PM
You can get them from me for $1249 dollars.

OrientExpress3
01-17-2003, 09:16 PM
Please tell me that you are kidding

Suk02Si
01-17-2003, 09:21 PM
thye're custom made projectors with true HID, 1200 sound right

Dr. Design
01-20-2003, 10:42 AM
D3's HIDlight conversion is availible from us. Please let us know if you are interested in this mod. The price is for Projection HIDlights
$1250 CIVIC w/HID and Non HID $750. You must provide your own headlights for this mod. We are accepting orders now.
Thank you,

CivicGSiR
02-04-2003, 06:14 PM
has anyone purchased this kit or is it not shipping yet? i read that everyone was going to be buying it, i was wondering who actually has. if so, any pictures other than the ones posted by D3?

pocketrocket
02-04-2003, 09:44 PM
How does the front lip attatch? It seems as though it would cut the front USDM bumper in half. Any pics of it during installation?

Thanks
PR

Makross
02-04-2003, 11:14 PM
Originally posted by CivicGSiR
has anyone purchased this kit or is it not shipping yet? i read that everyone was going to be buying it, i was wondering who actually has. if so, any pictures other than the ones posted by D3? yeah anyone??

!@#$%
02-04-2003, 11:24 PM
i thought yomammasi whatever his name is had it on his silver one :confused:

Suk02Si
02-05-2003, 12:31 AM
civicracer.com got it for xmas, I don't think he has installed it yet.

yomamaInMySi
02-05-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by !@#$%
i thought yomammasi whatever his name is had it on his silver one :confused:

Yes I do have it, but I have not installed it because there's been too much fucking snow around here. I really like the kit, the quality is great, but frankly I might end up selling it because the weather here is getting shitty all the time and by next winter I wouldn't want to take it off the car If I'd put it on in the summer. So I'll probably end up getting rid of it. I only bought the front and side I did not like the rear. Excellent quality.

CivicGSiR
02-05-2003, 08:44 AM
good choice on the front & rear. i don't care for the rear either.
that sucks that the weather effects your vehicles drivability so much of the year. that must make it tuff for you to enjoy your car.

i was wondering how low the front piece hangs down? from D3's pictures, it looks pretty far. it has 19" wheels on it, so the car itself isn't lowered that much. if you had 17" wheels & lowered, would the chin spoiler almost touch the pavement.

Dr. Design
02-05-2003, 10:16 AM
Hello,
Our Civic has been lowered about 3 inches. So it is more of an extreme case for our car. Most other cars should not have any ground clearence issues. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

good choice on the front & rear. i don't care for the rear either.
that sucks that the weather effects your vehicles drivability so much of the year. that must make it tuff for you to enjoy your car.

i was wondering how low the front piece hangs down? from D3's pictures, it looks pretty far. it has 19" wheels on it, so the car itself isn't lowered that much. if you had 17" wheels & lowered, would the chin spoiler almost touch the pavement.

2fastcivic
02-05-2003, 12:25 PM
dr. design

what kind of springs or coilovers is the car lowered with? are you guys planning to make other kits for the ep hatch?

Dr. Design
02-05-2003, 01:02 PM
Hello,
Those are the intrax springs.
At this time we are only going to produce that kit for the EP3 until there is a request for others.
Thank you ,

Originally posted by 2fastcivic
dr. design

what kind of springs or coilovers is the car lowered with? are you guys planning to make other kits for the ep hatch?

CivicGSiR
02-05-2003, 04:17 PM
while i gotcha on the horn.
do you notice the car to be any slower with the "big ass dubs"? as far as looks, the wheels are smokin, but does it hurt the performance of this particular car?
and also, does Intrax sell a 3" spring, or is that some custom job.

Dr. Design
02-05-2003, 04:56 PM
Well to be honest with you, the 19's are pretty good for our application since we are still haveing problems gaining traction with the turbo system on the car. If we had something smaller it would really roast those tires.
As far as the springs. I dont know what they are going to offer. I know that the springs that we have on the car are very similar to the ones they are going to be selling to the public.
Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you,

while i gotcha on the horn.
do you notice the car to be any slower with the "big ass dubs"? as far as looks, the wheels are smokin, but does it hurt the performance of this particular car?
and also, does Intrax sell a 3" spring, or is that some custom job.

tsa1
02-05-2003, 09:09 PM
in my opinion that kit kinda looks like the CTR kit. just get it painted the color of your car.

CivicGSiR
02-06-2003, 06:16 AM
who did the turbo?

blackthreat
02-06-2003, 08:26 PM
How much boost is the car pushing/ Im still very interested in the light/ Im just wondering if the corners of the lights can be darkened a little more/ plus if pricing for the two headlight kits has a 500 difference im expecting those hids too be some high quality bulbs what temperature are they/ do they come with a warranty // thanks//

chet
02-06-2003, 09:32 PM
I tried to PM ya Doc and your mailbox is full. I was wondering how things are coming along with that front upper strut bar?

Dr. Design
02-07-2003, 10:29 AM
Hello All,
We will start with the turbo. That is a prototype kit and we are currently running around 4 psi until we get it tuned. Once it is tuned we will run the car to 7 psi.

The projection HIDlights, the warranty is for five years and yes they are very good HID bulbs. The factory wire harness will work with this conversion. Can the sides be painted as well? Yes they can.

Front strut tower brace. We are still working on it! WE have some new components in the works and we are looking forward to releasing them.
We hope we were able to answer everyones questions.
Please let us know if there are any others!!
Thank you,

CivicGSiR
02-07-2003, 11:08 AM
Dr., any tenative dates on the CSK for Ep3?
it sounds like it's the cat's ass.

all the different projects that y'all have going, it's any wonder that any of them get finished. how many employee's do you have? is it a large facility?

CivicGSiR
02-07-2003, 11:23 AM
also, (another question) what's the story with the rear piece of the kit.
is there a revised design that's a little lower slung in the middle, so that you don't see the bumper cover?

chet
02-07-2003, 01:45 PM
Hey Doc, I am interested in the NON-HID Headlights. I just purchased bulbs. Is there a possibility of getting some close-ups of the headlights (ON AND OFF of the car if possible). Do you have a set just sitting around you can photo? Sometimes its hard to distinguish how they look, especially on a black car which is what I have.

Si02
02-07-2003, 10:14 PM
What about a group purchase deal on the kit?

justifiedSi
02-15-2003, 02:18 AM
i saw this kit in person the other day and it looks 10x better in person. i'll def be ordering it soon. dr design what kinda suspension is on that ep? rim/tire size? thanks

Suk02Si
02-15-2003, 05:09 AM
I believe the car is riding on Intrax springs(it was in their booth at SEMA) and Konig Heliums, 19's with a 35 series tire.

Dr. Design
02-19-2003, 12:28 PM
Hello All,
We have been working hard at making new products for the EP3. As far as the CSK-C for the EP3... we are still about one month away from that being released.

As far as the lights. We have set the price at $1250 for the HID version and $750 without HID. If you are interested you can contact us at info@dthreedesigns.com

GB on the kit???? That I would have to check on. It really depends on the interest for a GB and how many people are committed to doing that.

Please let us know if there are any other questions.
Thank you,

Dr., any tenative dates on the CSK for Ep3?
it sounds like it's the cat's ass.

all the different projects that y'all have going, it's any wonder that any of them get finished. how many employee's do you have? is it a large facility?

KentuckySi
03-02-2003, 10:27 PM
Hey Dr., no offense the kit looks great but I don't car to much about having a carbon fiber showing on my whites Si. I was wondering how hard it would be to color match it to my car where it is carbon fiber. Have you seen this done to any other CF piece?

Si02
03-02-2003, 11:04 PM
Is the kit c/f?

Dr. Design
03-03-2003, 10:17 AM
Hello,
The kit can be painted. WE have seen quite a few people paint c/f. It will accept paint just like anything else. Any body shop should be able to color match the kit to your car. Please let us know if you have any other questions.
Thank you ,

Originally posted by KentuckySi
Hey Dr., no offense the kit looks great but I don't car to much about having a carbon fiber showing on my whites Si. I was wondering how hard it would be to color match it to my car where it is carbon fiber. Have you seen this done to any other CF piece?